D40 Coil spring rear end

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beno

Reaction score
Here are some photo of the d40 rear end all cut out ready for bracing and coil spring set up!! (hope the photos work)

Attachments

• IMG_1211.jpg
    IMG_1211.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_1212.jpg
    IMG_1212.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_1213.jpg
    IMG_1213.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_1214.jpg
    IMG_1214.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 386
I bet it was fun making that first cut

Are you going to run a 4 bar or ladder bar setup, separate springs or a coilover setup?

I had thought about installing a R51 rear end in complete but obviously a lot of dollars just in parts.

I bet it was fun making that first cut

Are you going to run a 4 bar or ladder bar setup, separate springs or a coilover setup?

I had thought about installing a R51 rear end in complete but obviously a lot of dollars just in parts.

Thinking some sort off 3 link patrol coils 12" shocks

Thinking some sort off 3 link patrol coils 12" shocks

THINKING!! So your hacked up the back of your truck and still only thinking about what you are going to put in there........:confused2: you are a braver man than me.

Have fun

THINKING!! So your hacked up the back of your truck and still only thinking about what you are going to put in there........:confused2: you are a braver man than me.

Have fun

considering they have already completed the solid axle front end i dont imaging the coil rear will cause them any major problems, well nothing like the hurdles they jumped getting the front to work anyway.

So when you did the front conversion you kept the rear leaf? and now your changing the rear to coil? Is it going to be the same banjo housing?

This is going to be epic shot first to buy once he's done with the car! :D

the rear diff is also out of patrol and was done along with the original solid axle conversion.

so after the original conversion it was still leaf sprung, now he's converting to coil rear via changing to a coil base/top hat or coil over and a 3-5 links (depending on what he chooses)?

So when you did the front conversion you kept the rear leaf? and now your changing the rear to coil? Is it going to be the same banjo housing?

This is going to be epic shot first to buy once he's done with the car! :D

Ive had a patrol diff in the rear just with leaf springs now iam keeping the patrol diff with coils.

Have fun

After doing the front the rear should be easy we have a rough idea just not 100% on which way we will go it all had to come out to be braced anyhow

Keen to see the car period. Would love to have a first hand look if it's not too far from me.....any idea where it is located?

Iam in the southern highlands feel free to call past and have look the boys at seldom seen have done an awesome job

What was the damage to the wallet for the front and back(if you don't mind me asking)

Fair way down the track I'd like to do something like that. (I can dream)

hard to say mate all depending on how far you go, the boys said they could do a basic set up patrol diffs leaf spring rear for about $16 000 > $18 000 but you would have to talk to Kari or James at Seldom Seen

Latest posts

Back