D40 egr

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quickie123

Reaction score
hi guys. I have just joined the forum & am trying to find a schematic drawing &/or the working proceedure of an EGR system for an '07 D40. I feel this is the problem for all the smoke & stopping without be able to start again immediately.

There might be a drawing around here somewhere, but it's simple to explain.

Around the front of the motor you'll see a GOLD pipe, it gets thicker in the section in front of the motor and has two rubber pipes attached to it (these connect to the engine cooling system).

On the vehicle's right hand side (driver's side in Australia) the pipe turns and faces into the actual EGR valve itself. It is held in place by 2 bolts that need a 12mm spanner to undo.

Take out the two bolts, remove the gasket, use the gasket as a template to create a blanking plate and install the new plate. Use Permatex Ultra Blue Silicon Safe gasket sealant to make sure the thing seals well.

Job done! Should take all of about 10 minutes to remove the gasket and fit the blanking plate, and however long you take to manufacture the blanking plate.

I made mine from stainless steel sheet, about 1mm thick. No troubles with it so far!

Latest posts

Back