D40 Fuel Economy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't notice the 20 inch wheels when I first read that post but no one drives like me because so few people are convinced you can drive these things at or just below the speed limit and still get decent economy figures.

My current tank is sitting at 10.1lph and todays trip to the farm and back (about 115ks round trip) was done at 8.6lph.

Just filled the tank and it said 801km til empty. It has improved 150kms since it's first tank (now has 5500kms on it)

My d40 is a week old, said 10.1 l\100km and after refill said 644km till empty. It got 702kms on first tank and still had 60 till empty.
According to the computer...

Bump Bump....... for those that are looking for fuel figures
Oh yeah the best i have got driving like a complete Nanna is 9.6lph but generally i get around 11.5lph sitting on 120kph on the free way between Sydney and the ACT

Hi All

I Haven't posted of ages my fuel figures with Diesel and LPG loaded as my work truck I get under 9L/100km all the time but as soon as the LPG runs out my figures loaded are around 11.5L/100km

Marty

Best we've achieved with the vehicle at 2700kg was 10.6 LPHK. Filled up in Kotara, drove to Melbourne, crossed Bass Strait and decided to refill in Launceston - 1200km and used 130L (we have 150L of fuel storage - standard + 70L Long Ranger auxiliary). Estimated range is 1400+km without towing. At 16LPHK which we proved we can do towing, that gets us 900km in turtle mode.

Hi All

I Haven't posted of ages my fuel figures with Diesel and LPG loaded as my work truck I get under 9L/100km all the time but as soon as the LPG runs out my figures loaded are around 11.5L/100km

Marty

Is 9lph combined diesel/ lpg or is it just the diesel

My best is 9.3lph but only ever cracked sub 10 on one other occasion. Even low 10's are hard work but have always involved a bit of suburban stuff. I would love to do a full tank on the highway sitting on about 90kph to see the consumption figures.

yes 9L/100km is with the LPG

Once I took out all the work gear and went away with the family best figures I ever got with lpg were 7.5L/100km over a 1000km drive

For me the gas gives me that extra kick that the stock engine just doesn't have and that extra power is right through the entire driving range

Marty

Would anyone know how many K's you get when the warning light comes on??

15 litres is about average, according to scangauge mine come on at different amounts between 14 and 17. Measuring actual K's would be different for each vehicle.

I'm getting about 680-700 off a full tank (D40 Manual)
Would anyone know how many K's you get when the warning light comes on??

The amount of fuel remaining in the tank when the warning light comes on seems to vary from about 12L to 17L from memory. Mine has 16L left when the light comes on. You'll know yours if you refill just as the light comes on, of course!

Work out the distance remaining like this (you have to know how much fuel you have used when the light comes on):

litres remaining times km travelled so far divided by litres used

Example: 680km travelled, light comes on @ 66L used (14L remaining)

Distance remaining = 14 * 680 / 66 = 144 km to go.

If you wanted to simplify that: 14/66 is about a fifth (it's 0.21212), so just divide how far you've gone by 5 and that's how far you can still go - with 680km that's 136km to go = you're safely close to accurate.

Personally I rely on a 100/50 "rule" - if I'm not towing I can rely on lasting another 100km and if I am towing, I can rely on lasting another 50km.

Latest posts

Back