D40 Fuel Economy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did a few hundred kays towing the old mans 18 odd foot glass boat and all our camping gear
averaged around 12.5 at about 100kph on the highway which i was pretty happy with.
since i finished that small trip it's dropped to about 9.8 with a trip to karratha (100kmish) and normal around town stuff.
up to 8700km now.

Just bought the opal blue D40 last week and with the very first tank I got 689kms with 71 litres therefore I got 10.3 litres/100 and that is around town mostly which is not bad I think. Just clocked 48000 kms.

Last edited:
Drive more conservatively.

A very rough calculation is that you are in the 12's. Pretty much in the "normal" range unless you are already putting a lot of effort into driving ecomomically.

Don't take off too hard, don't brake too hard, keep the revs around 2000, keep the speed around 100 and auto has little to do with it.

The Nav is a 2 tonne wind break, you can't drive it like a car if you expect to get better than average economy out of it. The biggest factor in fuel economy is the drivers right foot, even the steadiest of driver feathers the go faster peddle without realising it. Driving economically in these things, especially the older models, requires a little bit of effort.

mine seems to be slowly improving and i'm extremely happy with it, it's got a few accessories on it now and i'm averaging around 10.6l/100 now.
very impressive for such a large brick shaped 4x4
my other car gets 420km from a 90l tank lol

I'm over the moon.

Ran upto Budgewoi the other day from Canberra averaging in the high 8 - 9L/100
So happy. The chip really helps

Hey guys ive got a 2008 d40 2.5 deisel and got 478.6 km to 63.17 L. wat should i do?

Nothing wrong with that really, around town.

If it concerns you still, change the air filter, clean the MAFS, throw a bottle of injector cleaner in the tank and remove your intercooler, wash the inside of it with petrol (let it dry before reinstalling!) and see how it goes.

Mate I've got the chip it one.
Would have gone the steinbouer I think it's called. Accept I have new car warranty so PNP is the option for me.

Thank Mike, so how much better would you say the chipit chip has improved your fuel figures?? and what setting are you running??

Thank Mike, so how much better would you say the chipit chip has improved your fuel figures?? and what setting are you running??

I found it freed up the motor a lot more. I don't have to get under it as much to get to speed...
I can run 8.9l around town if I don't put the foot down and take my time. But then some afternoons ill ride it a lot and only run 10l/100

Depends how you drive and how much you can resist the extra power at your foot.

It's on setting 5 of 15. I have no intention of upping it either.
Really found it helpfully the other day on Stockton too. The sand was very churned up and soft, once I got into 2nd and or 3rd it powered along nicely

2011 D40 2.5TD st-x. Get about 10.5-11L per 100ks - both highway and around town.

Get about 9.5 just on the highway

2009 stx 2.5 dual cab, average 10.7 mainly highway everyday. best is 10.1 an worst is 11.3. running a diesel smart module atm an program 1 isn't much different to standard. Have 68k on the clock

Latest posts

Back