D40 Fuel Economy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For sure it would. Just sit yours at about 2000rpm until it's chipped and see how it goes. If you're putting it on a dyno during the chip installation, get the chart printed and note where the torque climb stops its rapid ascent and begins to level out - right at the top of the ascent is the 'sweet spot'.

Thank Tony, will do, hopefully soon. Doin my head in having spent so much on chip only to have them not release stock due to a hilux issue. Better safe than sorry I suppose.

Hi, can anyone help me out on a suggestion. I want to put a long range fuel tank or extra fuel tank into my 2010 2.5l auto. It is a thai built model.
Pricing and supplier would be awesome

Welcome to the forums. Try doing a search of the D40 second for 'long range tank' you'll get more than enough hits on exactly what you want rather than using a different topic to discuss it.

Economy

Got a navara d40, manual, diesel. Just did the egr mod.. Worked out that I'm getting near 900kms out of a tank. I'm stoked within that!! Anyone else getting similar kilometres??

Ive got a 2012 D-40 king cab manual with the egr mod , and iam also getting between 800-900 per tank 800 around town and 900 on the highway , averaging 850

That's surprising for a 2006 model. My 2009 gets 1400km to a tank but that's coz I'm a cheat (LongRanger is an awesome upgrade). At 900km to a tank (assuming 75L, so you're not running it dry) that's an exceptional 8.3LPHK (compared to my 10.2LPHK best).

I do think we should merge these posts into the D40 Economy thread.

Yeh that's what I thought old tony. 740kms on refill, fuel light wasn't on either. It took 65 litres which means I still had 15L in the tank. Assuming I get at least 10L/100kms, that's close to 900kms out of a normal 80L tank.

Old autos might be more thirsty than manuals but the margin is so close these days it barely rates a mention. In some smaller cars autos are trumping manuals. Like all things economy it again comes down to the driver not the car.

Ive got a 2012 D-40 king cab manual with the egr mod , and iam also getting between 800-900 per tank 800 around town and 900 on the highway , averaging 850

This makes me feel sick. Nissan must have changed some logic somewhere between the 2010 and 2012 releases.

My 2010 King Cab is lucky to get to 620 k's to a tank and that's running the thing almost dry.

But you don't know all this stuff before you buy them, no one does regardless of brand or model, it's just luck.

This makes me feel sick. Nissan must have changed some logic somewhere between the 2010 and 2012 releases.

My 2010 King Cab is lucky to get to 620 k's to a tank and that's running the thing almost dry.

But you don't know all this stuff before you buy them, no one does regardless of brand or model, it's just luck.

Yeah that sux and seems strange they can be so different , maybe you should try an Ecu reset , i read a post on here , where there's one that makes the ecu re learn the fuel calibration or some such thing

It is worth keeping in mind that an ECU reset is only as good as the driver, the conditions and the vehicle itself. There as reasons to do an ECU reset but if it learnt bad habits once from the driver it will learn them again.

Those figures are unbelievable. Mine can't even reach 400 km and the dealer says it's normal cause if the bull bar, muddies, canopy...

It's an auto though.

Added weight will effect economy but the dealers response is more about not being able to find a solution than blaming anything in particular. If the vehicle has been tested by Nissan and their system says there is nothing wrong then their only option is to blame the add ons or the driver and too many people get defensive when it's them that is blamed for the economy they are getting. Dealers earn themselves a bad enough name without openly telling customers they are wrong.

Those figures are unbelievable. Mine can't even reach 400 km and the dealer says it's normal cause if the bull bar, muddies, canopy...

It's an auto though.

That's rediculas , I got better economy than that out of my v6 auto petrol triton , with bar / winch / muddies and roof rack

Latest posts

Back