D40 genuine snorkel very noisy !

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mermaidgem

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Thankyou for reading my post

About six months ago, I had a genuine nissan snorkel fitted to my 2008 d40 , with no problems, till about a month ago when the hose from the airbox to the internal guard started leaking air.

Last week, it went back to dealer, into be replaced when picking up the vehicle I noticed the
Airbox had been damaged......so the service manager had it replaced buy his drive car a Titanium model D40 Navara just before closing time.....on returning home I realized how noisy the snorkel had now become was sucking in air.

And the hose is still leaking, not to worried about that, more the snorkel hat noise sucking in.
Also it gurgles at certain revs now too, which it didnot before.

Was wondering if anyone else had any similar problems and if the snorkel in regards to noise ?
surely this noise level is not normal,

Thanks for your replies.
MG

I don't notice anything out of the ordinary with mine, it's an Airtec (Nissan).

If your airbox is leaking, it could be ingesting dirt, which is going to cause major problems with the motor. Given how expensive the engines are, and how long it takes Nissan to get one over here, I'd make sure that part of the problem was fixed at the very least.

mine is genuine, no dramas here. I got k&n air filter, can here slight whistle from turbo, but bugger all.

What sort of noises is it making? Engine drone, air noise or whistle?

It sounds like another exhaust pipe but alot louder.....so I would say engine drone........I don't understand because it did not do it with the original air box....
The dealership is sending a tech to my house tomorrow afternoon to look at it as it is a half hour drive for me to get the car there.....this will be there 4th time looking at it
thanks for the on going replys everyone

Last edited:
mine is genuine, no dramas here. I got k&n air filter, can here slight whistle from turbo, but bugger all.

What sort of noises is it making? Engine drone, air noise or whistle?

Engine Drone I would say best describes it

So with yours, Even at idle outside there is minimal noise from yours , did it have an original filter to start with??

Thanks MG

i had my car into nissan yesterday for a service and a few repairs, one of them being there is a vibration at just below 2000rpm and goes on to just over 2000rpm, it shakes the rear vision mirror enough to not be able to see out of it clearly.
They told me it was because i have the snorkle fitted and it was an induction noise, which i reckon is a joke. Also one of the guys told me that having the snorkle fitted does not have any advantages as water can still get into the air box, so it is not sealed up. I thought one of the main reasons for having a snorkle was so u could go through water crossing and not have to worry about water getting into the air box.

Phibza, is yours an auto? Around those rpm, people have reported issues with the torque converter.

I really am amazed they tried to make you swallow that story about the induction causing the rattle. I'd take it to another dealer and get them to look at it.

hey 'old. tony' nah mate not auto, am thinking about taking it to another dealer ship to see what they think. Anyone else have this vibration in there manual d40

I have no snorkenl fitted and have noticed some unusual vibration at times, i'll check tomorrow and see what rpm im at when it vibrates.

Latest posts

Back