D40 intercooler on D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything is possible with pipes and adapters you may find a way to mount it unless your original is leaking i would not expect any gain in performance if that is the idea and you have the time to fool around and adapt it will be a pain and you may lose performance by the time it puffs from your tiny turbo to the intake but good luck.

Sucramuk,

you can install a D40 intercooler on s D22 with Zd30 engine as long as you manucafture/build your piping to fit through the limited space near the radiator.

You will most definitly feel the gains in performance after the intercooler is fitted. I have also fitted an intercooler and built my own piping for my HB D22. It was quite a job, but also very interesting. Do a search here on the forum and you will find some photgraphs of intercooler diy builds. Also have a look on the 4x4 Community forum http://4x4community.co.za/forum/ I've posted some pics there aswell.

Anything is possible with pipes and adapters you may find a way to mount it unless your original is leaking i would not expect any gain in performance if that is the idea and you have the time to fool around and adapt it will be a pain and you may lose performance by the time it puffs from your tiny turbo to the intake but good luck.

Hey mate zd30 don't have a ic so it will be very beneficial to his nav fitting 1.

Sucramuk I have no idea whether a d40 ic will fit or not. I do no cross crountry do a very good bit of kit with their ic for a nav. But it is a very good idea fitting a ic to it not for performance gains but incase your turbo lets go the ic will hopefully catch the turbo which without would kill your engine. I'm sure someone else here can help you out.

Hey mate zd30 don't have a ic so it will be very beneficial to his nav fitting 1.

Sucramuk I have no idea whether a d40 ic will fit or not. I do no cross crountry do a very good bit of kit with their ic for a nav. But it is a very good idea fitting a ic to it not for performance gains but incase your turbo lets go the ic will hopefully catch the turbo which without would kill your engine. I'm sure someone else here can help you out.
Yep i was thinking he had a top mount yd 25 sorry about that

Latest posts

Back