D40 king cab warranty

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeno

Reaction score
Gday, My D40 King Cab diesel auto is due to run out of warranty in March 2013. I have a few issues ie fuel consumption,small oil leaks at gear box and rear diff,door seals perishing,noisey engine,light dust and smell in cab,blue tooth not working and driver seat cushion has flattened. Has anyone got some other issues I should be looking at? Overall I like my car.
Thanks for any input.

For the oil leaks etc I'd be taking it back to the dealer to get them rectified. It's not supposed to leak and the door seals aren't supposed to perish. Mine are still in great nick and I haven't wiped off all of the mud that seeped in (only up to the seal, not past it). We've had our car in water up over the front of the bonnet and the doors haven't let a single drop inside.

The dust in the cab might be from a lack of pollen filters. Don't know if the KC has them?

King Cab here to. As Old tony mentioned that is not supposed to happen so definatley warrenty issues. One problem I have had is the alignment of the doors, rattleing, not sealing. The dealer was hopless and after a lot of gining around managed to sort that out myself and all good now.
The seals I have coated in CRC silicon spray a couple of times. Thought it would be a good idea but time will tell. Bluetooth has worked well but in dash micophpone is a bit deaf.
The gearbox seal on these things do seem very exposed, so ingess of crud maybe having some detrimental efffect on them. None the less still a warrenty issue.

The King Cab does have polllen filters in the A/C system.

I'm happy with my fuel consumption and consistanley return around 9l per 100K. That's with 2inch lift, steel bar, and Hankook AT-M tyres. Better if I work at it. It is a manual tho.

My circstances have changed lately and considering a wagon (of some sort) but up till now it's the most practical vehicle I have ever owned and still very nice to drive.

Thanks for your reply.Local mech has been doing the service, oil changes every 5000k. Fuel, full tank to fuel light on 464kl and i filled up with 65.89litres.

Thanks for your reply. I also have sprayed silcone on the rubbers. Ihad a few issues with the dealer about my previous d22 Navara. I asked them to centre the steering wheel. When I picked it up they said it was pulling to the left and I needed a wheel alignment. I told them it was funny that I havent experienced it but it would turn to the left if I tried to centre the steering wheel. A mate with a D40 dual took his in for a rattle in the engine bay somewhere. They said nothing was wrong so it took it to another mech who found that the right hand front shocky top mounting was shot and causing the noise.

That fuel economy is bad your looking at just over 14ltrs per 100km most members get anywhere between 8-12 on average even a gently driven v6 petrol will return better

yeh that fuel figure is shit i just towed the boat down to batemans bay and back from bathurst and returned 12.4l per hundred

what sort of fuel figures are u getting ave nissan been servicing it the whole way through

Local mechanic, oil change every 5000ks. Full take to fuel light 464ks and filled up with65.89litres

I have a 2010 KC.

Yep I've found I usually have close to 10 litres left when the light comes on. I continue to run mine down when the light is on and usually end up putting around 65 litres in before I get really scared. Think the most I've ever put in was 75 litres, filled it up until it was sitting just at the lip of the filler. (Think I got 640k's to the tank for that trip)

I work out my mileage with a pen and paper and get high 11's low 12's, which ties in with the distance travelled as displayed by the speedo travel thingy.

If I put on the OBDII and Torque, that tells me I'm averaging 7's which would mean I'd be getting 700+ k's per tank which I know I don't get.

14's is toooo high. Replace your air filter, pump up your tyres, take out all the crap, accelerate and brake gently, sit on 95 and not 100. Do that for a few tankfuls and see if it changes.

I've had 2 transfer case seals replaced in 50,000 k's. That's definately warranty.

Bluetooth should work, warranty again.

Door seals shouldn't perish, warranty.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back