D40 warranty issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeno

Reaction score
I had my D40 diesel king cab auto 2010 in to get some warranty item checked before I run out of warranty. Main door seal perishing/replaced. Pinion seal leak/They said it wasn't. Drivers seat side bolster and cushion lost its cushion and my bum feels if I am sitting on a board. Their opinion fair wear and tear so no warranty. I am only 80kgs.
After their warranty check I had my 80000 service done at an out of town Nissan dealer and surprise they reported that the rear pinion seal was leaking. It took 12 days to get a nut and washer from Nissan as they had a seal and they did it under warranty
I rang Nissan custom service to find out who I contact to ask for a review of the seat. They told me they could not give me anyone who I could complain to and that their decision was final.
Anyone has any ideas?

Someone will say Consumer Affairs but in all honesty I doubt its worth it for a seat. We used to get seats reupholstered and resprung atleast once a year in the trucks and its not all to do with the weight of the driver.

Krafty is right. For a seat it's probably not worth the effort.

In a way they are right as under the act the retailer can not reffer you back to the manufactuer but there is nothing to stop you from writing a letter to Nissan. Take photos write a report.... make sure you address it to the Nissan technical department, Nissan Australia....

You could take it to the Australian Competion and Consumer Commision (Federal) or the Office of fair trading in your state. Although they can not order the dealer to fix the problem but they can point out your rights to them, which are in your favour. If you have brought the vehicle after Feb 2011 your rights are even stronger.

Car warrentee looks like its black and white but in reality it's as grey as. An item should last as long as it's resonably expected. Although the word 'resonably' is a lawyer's picnic.

Here is a link > http://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/complaints-problems/resolve-a-problem#acccWorkflowWizard1Path:1

Good Luck

I had my D40 diesel king cab auto 2010 in to get some warranty item checked before I run out of warranty. Main door seal perishing/replaced. Pinion seal leak/They said it wasn't. Drivers seat side bolster and cushion lost its cushion and my bum feels if I am sitting on a board. Their opinion fair wear and tear so no warranty. I am only 80kgs.
After their warranty check I had my 80000 service done at an out of town Nissan dealer and surprise they reported that the rear pinion seal was leaking. It took 12 days to get a nut and washer from Nissan as they had a seal and they did it under warranty
I rang Nissan custom service to find out who I contact to ask for a review of the seat. They told me they could not give me anyone who I could complain to and that their decision was final.
Anyone has any ideas?

I agree the seat build is crap , mine is only 6 weeks old and the fabric on the seat has ? de laminated ? ie its come away from the seat you can grab it and lift the fabric , its usually glued or attached to the foam , and my arse is by no means big or heavy , i couldnt be bothered with the grief as iam fitting seat covers in anycase

Latest posts

Back