D40 Motor into a D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Intercooler Theory

Check out this to give a better understanding of intercoolers, not always bigger is better but more a higher quality cooler will give better effect, theres a balance that you want to be getting and its the better brands that have done the testing to find a better efficiency

I was thinking the exact same thing the other day RE: putting D40 engine in D22.

I can see it's advantages but i'm pretty happy with the D22 engine, seems to have enough of everything i need to make me happy, except the low down movement when towing.

Mitch

Yeah why not. It's just compressed air that's being moved around. Once it's up to pressure, the work's all done - doesn't much matter how long the piping is. It's not like the pressure has to be there timed to the millisecond like your fuel injector squirts. If you delay the onset of boost by a full third of a second, it's not really going to be hugely noticeable.

You will notice a difference in throttle responce, and lag on take off will be worse

Whilst on topic iv'e been thinking about this also. Just want to clear things up.
So the only differences between the 98kw D22 and 126kw D40 is the turbo? Would i be correct in saying the rest of the motor (intake manifold, injectors etc) are identical? and the only diff from the 126kw to the 140kw is the head and turbo? (would it have diff injectors?)
Can you plug the D40 computer into a 2.5 D22?

Back