D40 Navara what lift kit & tyres?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ARB lift (springs front = "heavy", rear = "medium") and Nitrocharger Sport shocks. Very happy with ride and handling.

Tyres are Mickey Thompson MTZ 265/76R16.

Iron man is rubbish, and so is the Blue max kit mine came with? Had OME on previous truck, did 80k+ and it was still fine? More than a 40mm lift will affect steering on the D40. Can go to 55mm with camber bolts (come with most usa kits). Anyone who thinks that just because they have not been pulled up by the cops, should remember that if they ever write off a porche, their insurance will void them for driving an unraodworthy / illegal motor vehicle? No matter what state you live in??? Qld limit is 15mm on tyres and 50mm on suspension, but the only "Approved" suspension kits in Qld are self-limited to 40mm, and from what I can tell, spacers are illegal as well???

how can ya go 55m on the front???mine only got lifted 35mm and at full droop there's only about 5mm distance between the control arm and the coil seat.

Just remember 2" lift and bigger tires need engineering to be legal as its above 2" higher. Stupid laws

That must have been a damm old post lol. I have PRG UCA so have lifted it 45mm and have zero camber so truck rides and handles really well now.I dare say that post was even before the offset bushes were on the market

Lol fair enough I was just browsing and didn't realise the post was from 2009 until after haha

Whilst on the topic anyway, my next purchase in the coming weeks are a set of Super Pro adjustable UCA's and 25mm front spacers to bring it right up. Currently has 15mm spacers but i think i'll go 25mm. I dont carry heavy tray loads anymore, just some camping gear.

Might buy a set of CV's too just in case.

Whilst on the topic anyway, my next purchase in the coming weeks are a set of Super Pro adjustable UCA's and 25mm front spacers to bring it right up. Currently has 15mm spacers but i think i'll go 25mm. I dont carry heavy tray loads anymore, just some camping gear. Might buy a set of CV's too just in case.

Nice mate would love extra cash towards the nav too but a little later on in the year for me! Im going to do my diff, gearbox and transfer case breathers soon really cheap and useful mod to have

Yeah ill be doing along the same lines. Rear diff rebuild and drop a Nav V6 front diff in. Mine does more touring and a little bit of track work but no river crossings etc.

Really hanging for the UCA's and slightly larger spacers though. About to buy a pair of leaf spring load helpers for the rear and whack those in. Will prolong the life of the springs by taking a bit of the load when carrying weight.

Yeah ill be doing along the same lines. Rear diff rebuild and drop a Nav V6 front diff in. Mine does more touring and a little bit of track work but no river crossings etc. Really hanging for the UCA's and slightly larger spacers though. About to buy a pair of leaf spring load helpers for the rear and whack those in. Will prolong the life of the springs by taking a bit of the load when carrying weight.

Yep I use the ironman leaf load helper added spring to lift my rear 2" without the use of blocks and extended shackles

Depends on your needs.

Have about 2 inch of lift here with standard raised King Springs and Bilstien shocks. Tyres are Hankook AT-M 265X70X16 so slightly larger rolling Diameter. They give a great ride quality to. I'm very happy with the tyres. Set up works well but HD version of the front springs may have been a better choice. Considering I have a steel bar. Brilliant for touring and good for mild off-roading up to moderate tracks. I'm usually lightly loaded tho.

Beware going to large an increase in Diameter. It will give more clearance but at the cost of acceleration and braking performance. Your fuel consumption will suffer to, particularly around town. If you have a manual transmission and DMF, larger diameter tyres will possibly shorten the life of your clutch.

Depends on your needs. Have about 2 inch of here with standard raised King Springs and Bilstien shocks. Tyers are Hankook AT-M 265X70X16 so slightly larger rolling Diameter. They give a great ride quality to. I'm very happy with the tyers. Set up works well but HD version of the front springs may have been a better choice. Considering I have a steel bar. Brilliant for touring and good for mild off-roading up to moderate tracks. I'm usually lightly loaded tho. Beware going to large an increase in Diameter. It will give more clearance but at the cost of acceleration and braking performance. Your fuel consumption will suffer to, particularly around town. If you have a manual transmission and DMF, larger diameter tyres will possibly shorten the life of your clutch. Beware going for to large an increase in tyre Diameter.

I was considering 285/75r16 but not sure if I want to go down that path yet but the deal on the bf Goodrich muddies are hard to pass up set of 4 for 1100bux

I was considering 285/75r16 but not sure if I want to go down that path yet but the deal on the bf Goodrich muddies are hard to pass up set of 4 for 1100bux

285(33s) Are a bloody tight fit need to cut guards and other things. Nath22 did a step by step thread on it. I'm about to fit 265/70/R17s muddies to mine when the cash starts to flow agian. I have lovells rasied h/d coils with standard Nissan struts up front & standard shit in the rear it has leveled out nicely. handles alot better at speed on the dirt too.

285(33s) Are a bloody tight fit need to cut guards and other things. Nath22 did a step by step thread on it. I'm about to fit 265/70/R17s muddies to mine when the cash starts to flow agian. I have lovells rasied h/d coils with standard Nissan struts up front & standard shit in the rear it has leveled out nicely. handles alot better at speed on the dirt too.
Well I have 2" spacer at the front and a 2" body lift so I hope with the right offset rim they will fit :) but I have to get the mod plate done first then wheels then the suspension as I'm buying it in components gradually like shocks, bushes and bolts etc.. I have this much room at the moment

Attachments

• image-4130417775.jpg
    image-4130417775.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 125
  • image-2413908122.jpg
    image-2413908122.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Well I have 2" spacer at the front and a 2" body lift so I hope with the right offset rim they will fit :) but I have to get the mod plate done first then wheels then the suspension as I'm buying it in components gradually like shocks, bushes and bolts etc.. I have this much room at the moment

You may be right then looks like you could fit 285s with the right off set, remember spain will fit thai but thai wont fit Spain. So do you have SRS air bags. If so good luck getting the body lift pass and the spacers for that matter. For lifts like your's better off with a 5" drop kit keeps everything nice sane even tho your 5" higher. Hope you get all passed tho.

You may be right then looks like you could fit 285s with the right off set, remember spain will fit thai but thai wont fit Spain. So do you have SRS air bags. If so good luck getting the body lift pass and the spacers for that matter. For lifts like your's better off with a 5" drop kit keeps everything nice sane even tho your 5" higher. Hope you get all passed tho.
Spacers will come out before inspection and after that I'll be putting in my bilsteins 5100. as far as I know the body lift will be legal once it gets a mod plate. I have the Spain build and 2" body plus 2" suspension is legal here

Are I was alway told noway in hell will body pass with air bags. Might just be Canberra. I'm gessing the mod plate should save you the legal problems.

Latest posts

Back