D40 Navara what lift kit & tyres?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"couldn't be easier" Last words. How you find the Unichip??
Mate to be honest I have not done it yet lol there has always been something in the way the last 6 months.. I could have done it but I decided to get the bilsteins instead because I lost my drivers licence and I have a young fella that works for me and drives me around lol so I spent the cash towards other things lately not on performance

Are ok.... Thinking of different things to do in incress performance just not sure about chiping her. Every time I get around to buy performance gear for her something else come up. Last time suspenion riding bump stops. This time has come yet, but I know I need to new tires so that will have be 1st on the to do list this year. But ha I'm going up a size so and going from hts rear and ats from to muddies all round:).

Are ok.... Thinking of different things to do in incress performance just not sure about chiping her. Every time I get around to buy performance gear for her something else come up. Last time suspenion riding bump stops. This time has come yet, but I know I need to new tires so that will have be 1st on the to do list this year. But ha I'm going up a size so and going from hts rear and ats from to muddies all round:).
I'll be joining you on the muddies there is a really good deal for a set of 5 bf Goodrich muddies including black sunrayiser steelies for 2g delivered from a mob in Melbourne

Edit: they were federals 285/75r16

Last edited:
I'll be joining you on the muddies there is a really good deal for a set of 5 bf Goodrich muddies including black sunrayiser steelies for 2g delivered from a mob in Melbourne

Edit: they were federals 285/75r16

Thats sounds awesome. I'm looking 2150 for 5 MTZ. Helping out a local tire shop.

I have Dobson Springs and Bilstien Shocks, 40mm lift, but ended up with 60mm in front and 70 in rear.

Greasable shackles etc. Ride is perfect, sooo much better than stock in every way, the tyres now stay on the ground instead of hopping about and axle tramping like they did.

Stock 17" stx rims fitted with Maxxis bighorns in 265-70-17, speedo is now perfect for displayed speed, used to be out by 5%, Odo is short 5%, used to spot on.

Fuel use went up by 9% when tyres fitted over stock goodyears, this was from acctual KM not ODO and liters in tank, not dash display.

Overall very happy, NO SCRUBBING anywhere, rides good, great offroad, noisy on road, but they are muddies.

I am very happy with how the lot works together, the tyres still have 4-5mm tread, perfect even wear an all 4, no scrubbed shoulders and just over 70,000km travelled.

Actual fuel use is sitting on 8.5lt per 100k, measured from GPS and true liters in tank.
Average speed for ute is 67kph, almost all backroad 80kph speed and highway at 100kph driving.

Car has ARB Steel bullbar, 13,000lb winch, muddies and me driving.
Pretty happy overall.

I have Dobson Springs and Bilstien Shocks

What did the Shocks set you back. Im looking at the Dobinsons Lift kit from Road Runner for $1300 HD all round but will swap for mediums in the back.

I might look at upgrading to bilstiens if they arent tooo much more.

Cheers.

What did the Shocks set you back. Im looking at the Dobinsons Lift kit from Road Runner for $1300 HD all round but will swap for mediums in the back.

I might look at upgrading to bilstiens if they arent tooo much more.

Cheers.

All up fitted for $1550 from memory, that was HD or extra HD in the rear as I was carrying tool boxes at the time.

Latest posts

Back