D40 owner need only apply

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue boy

Reaction score
What exhausts have people put on their 2.5lt????
Price and where ya got it would be good to.
Getting prices from $1000-$1900 for a 2 1/2" system with a 3" dump pipe and hi flow cat..

I'm on the Goldy if anyone can recommend some where.

I'm currently looking at the beaudesert exhaust 2 3/4 inch for 1185 mild still or 2000 for ss , probably get the mild steel one

Last edited:
I removed the muffler & replaced it with a piece of pipe. Stock system is 2 1/4" from memory The converter kept the noise levels the same as with the muffler and opened it up a bit not bad for $50

1of the places said all that's needed is to replace the muffler... Just weighing up if it's worth the extra $800 to do the full system???

Main reason for exhaust is to reduce egt's once I get a chip.. Decisions...

Just removed Muffler here too, when mesured stock system it's actually in between 2 1/4 and 2 1/2 closer to 2 1/2.. The extra cash can be well spent on the chip. Trust me remove muffler is more than enough. And if you really wanna hi flow cat in dump make sure its s/steel internal and nothing more than 200 CPI otherwise your just wasting your time. On the d22 vs d40 note Who gives a shit.. Seriously you sound like wankers carrying on on lil school boys "oh mines better than yours"

The standard pipe is actually pretty big.. I might even look at just putting a high flow cat and replacing the massive muffler for a straight through.

What's the reason for the stainless dump and cat?? Obviously corrosion I would be thinking??

pretty noob question, but what is actually involved in turning the mufler into a straight through and how much will it roughly cost, also i assume removing the muffler will make the engine louder yes?

Yes it will make it louder but will also remove restrictions, shouldn't be too expensive. Just go down to your local exhaust shop and get a price as Iv found prices vary a fair bit

Check out this one from "scotts rods" brand new off fleebay.

I have herd they are as good as any other mandrel bent system.

EDIT....

ooops sorry here is the link

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12069179...WAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_936wt_956

OR this one if you want the high flow cat

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-D..._Accessories&hash=item1c176d870e#ht_908wt_956

they look pretty good...
or as mentioned

http://www.beauexhausts.com.au/index.php?p=cms&CMSID=1

:shooter:.

It's a case of cutting out the original massive muffler which is full of fiberglass (causing alot of restrictions) compared to a "straight thru" which is hollow except for a few baffles to alter the sound wave which allows a smoother flow of exhaust gas's.. As far as I know anyway

As far as the auto brigade.. Whatever you do as far as I know ya can't delete the DPF sensor (which only auto's have) as I've heard ya car losses it's shit and won't go faster than jogging pace.. I think??

What's the go with having a stainless dump/cat???

Beaudesert exhaust ordered today.. Pick up Thursday and my mechanics gonna fit it Monday. Oh yeah.. Time to open her up. Chip still to come.

Latest posts

Back