D40 pre flter delete

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericcs

Reaction score
I want to delete my pre filter/baffle on my 06 stx. the inlet to the airbox is offset to the the snorkel both across and down. if anyone has done this mod, what pipe work was used. i can't re locate the airbox entry, as the filter is directly in line with the snorkel pipe?

55fekn.jpg

What brand snorkel do you have? I know my Safari one was designed to bypass that pre filter anyway then i just cut it off with a hack saw.

Used the $15 flexible air intake hose from autopro 3" joined it to snorkel outlet with silicone rescue tape. Tight fit but it works a treat. Will see if I can get a pic on here.

Struggle with pics on here. There's a pic in my gallery. Had this setup for ages and it hasn't worked loose and is air tight. Sounds awesome too.

Attachments

• airbox.jpg
    airbox.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
With the airbox out it wasn't that hard. I used almost a roll of 25mm and just kept wrapping till I thought it was done. Easier to get airbox out with the pre filter cut off. Has made a big difference, more than I thought it would. Cost bugger all , just fiddly. On a warm day the tape is softer and more strectchy, makes it easier also.

You can also use 65mm PVC down pipe & 90 degree bends if you can find it.

You'll need to dremel out the end that fits onto the airbox inlet slightly to get it to sit snuggly but otherwise a POP!

You can also use 65mm PVC down pipe & 90 degree bends if you can find it.

You'll need to dremel out the end that fits onto the airbox inlet slightly to get it to sit snuggly but otherwise a POP!

i tried this method without cutting up the airbox, then gave up. how did you seal it into the oval snorkel pipe?
a pic would be handy.
cheers
eric

Latest posts

Back