D40 V6TD Navara Performance & Testing. 'Results posted page 4'

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please excuse my ignorance.
What does airflow over the front of the vehicle have to do with wheather or not a bullbar can be added safely???
Bill

If the cooler is placed in a spot where it will be tucked behind the bullbar, it may get less airflow to it than without the bullbar causing more heat to travel into the engine than anticipated from factory.

Now please excuse my ignorance but is the intercooler not in the same spot as the current D40 ?

Mate keep the info coming.

Love reading this stuff, keen to see someone in due time drop one of these donks into a D22 or GU. D22 preferebly first.

Mate keep the info coming.

Love reading this stuff, keen to see someone in due time drop one of these donks into a D22 or GU. D22 preferebly first.

Agreed its great stuff. Perhaps you should volunteer to be the guinea pig Dave. Then we could line you up against Scotty at the National Muster and see how the Renault V6 CRD compares with the General's V8.:big_smile:

Lol Dave. Probably could but I reckon the motor would be worth as much as the d22 then :)

The intercooler is not in the same spot as the current D40.

I have been contacted by a few manufacturing companies that I have done testing for in the past with Bullbar, Particularly winch bar design and testing.
They are all pretty scared to see what a winch bar is going to do to the temps on these.
They have
Oil Cooler for the engine (I actually think there might be 2 in there but didnt get to have a real good look)
Oil cooler for the transmission
Oil Cooler for the power steering
HUGE radiator
Intercooler mounted down the bottom, rather than the top, and a winch bar is going to cover more than 90% of it.

Same as the BT50, they should never have a winch bar fitted without an intercooler kit.
It increases their charge air temps by 30deg+++ (they are already like 30+Deg over ambient as it is)

Thats how we are able to get 20+kw out of a BT50 with just exhaust and intercooler

Hi mate do you know if the underbody bash plates will fit the 550 ?
hunter

now if only they'd drop the v6 into the next gu!
they'd have to have rocks in their head not to
can't wait to see what you guys can do with one with a bit of fiddling

also keen to see these updates.....is there a subscribe button on this page..............

Subscribing to threads is under the User Control Panel

now if only they'd drop the v6 into the next gu!
they'd have to have rocks in their head not to
can't wait to see what you guys can do with one with a bit of fiddling

I heard whispers this week of the v6 possibly being fitted into the new patrol.

Hmmmm, this isn't the best news for someone who just put a deposit down on one.

Couple of questions re Intercooler.
1- Would a body lift give clearance for a bullbar to be fitted & still have airflow?
2- Would a water-air intercooler be any better?

Might get pen to paper on a bullbar to fit round the cooler.
Actually, no I won't as I don't get it til september!

Lol it will be sorted out around 2 weeks into May.
The only remaining question is will people be willing to spend the money or risk putting the bullbar on there anyway.
A couple of the manufactures are talking about doing the intercooler upgrade/move with a bullbar as a package only to stop any legal claims being made against them.

Any more info on this?

Was just looking on nissan website, looks like pretty small air vent holes on the standard bar, does the standard plastic bumper itself restrict airflow to the cooler/
where does the intercooler live on the V6Diesel? Guessing behing the lower vent hole where the number plate is?

Latest posts

Back