Dash lights gone

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4low

Reaction score
I have had a search and found the possibility that it could be a bad earth, but I will give some more info

The other day I noticed that when I unlock my car from the remote, the flashing lights had disappeared, but the car still unlocks. Later that night when I went to drive I had noticed the lights in the dash had gone.

Now, when I turn on the car, the oil pressure, glow plug etc lights come on then go off as normal but the rest aren't there, so I can't see what speed I am going unless I turn on the interior lights. Indicators lights work, high beam light works, A/C light and lights around fan/heater don't work, handsfree light works.

I haven't changed/touched anything and I have checked all fuses both in car and under the bonnet and all is good. The stereo lights are all on as normal. This all seems a bit weird

Sounds like an earth (negative wire) problem.

Did someone just do some work on the stereo? Nissan for some reason tied the stereo earth to the instrument panel. The stereo might not pass that on to the instrument panel - find the black power lead for the stereo and connect it to the chassis.

The bluetooth probably has its own power and earth lines, separate to the instrument cluster (which includes the lighting in the central controls).

check your tail lights,
Its a fail safe for when one blows its linked to other circuits so that you realize it blowing.

thats what happened to me anyway.

Sounds like an earth (negative wire) problem.

Did someone just do some work on the stereo? Nissan for some reason tied the stereo earth to the instrument panel. The stereo might not pass that on to the instrument panel - find the black power lead for the stereo and connect it to the chassis.

The bluetooth probably has its own power and earth lines, separate to the instrument cluster (which includes the lighting in the central controls).

The radio hasn't been touched, but I will check it anyway.

check your tail lights,
Its a fail safe for when one blows its linked to other circuits so that you realize it blowing.

thats what happened to me anyway.

I will check that. I did change the bulbs on my drivers side bullbar indicator lights as they weren't working. They are working now but there has been no change to the dash lights

Latest posts

Back