Dash vibration

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadrage8491

Reaction score
Any ideas on this
have a new D40 Navarra titanium edition 2014 model and has a vibration sound coming from somewhere around the air-cond controls ( I think ) and only does it when the engine is under load , doesn't do it when driving normally or gently . Hard to actually pin point where its coming from , but the general consensus its coming from around the air-cond /radio controls
just annoying as it can be quite load the more you put the engine under load , plus its a brand new truck with 10000km on the dial

seeing as its brand spanking new i'd be handing it back to your Nissan stealership for them to take a look.
Not worth the effort of pulling your dash apart looking for the cause when you're under warranty.

Could be like that super cheap add with that guy that pulls his dash apart only to find a pair of earings in the ashtray lol

I have the same noise and only when under load. Mine is closer to windscreen near vents....well hard to tell. Would love a fix because it bugs me something terrible

ha mine does it every now and then. seems to be near the vents to windscreen... The one that pisses me off is the steering wheel squeak against the plastic cover over the column.. if that's how you spell it ;)

Not the clutch lines on the firewall vibrating that people have had issues with is it? It would be that general area, onviously in the engine bay instead of the cabin.

Not the clutch lines on the firewall vibrating that people have had issues with is it? It would be that general area, onviously in the engine bay instead of the cabin.

mines an auto... but have looked at the plumbing around there but cant find anything loose

seeing as its brand spanking new i'd be handing it back to your Nissan stealership for them to take a look.
Not worth the effort of pulling your dash apart looking for the cause when you're under warranty.

Could be like that super cheap add with that guy that pulls his dash apart only to find a pair of earings in the ashtray lol

yeah will be taking it in soon for next service , so i'll get those boffins to try and fix it

Sounds - S T U P I D - i was on the highway home this arvo and didn't have the radio on.. had a similar noise /vibration around the same area.. it was unlike the usual loose coins in the cupholder.. worked out it was a combo of the sunglasses holder and the overhead lighting.. only stopped when i put my hand over these.

Our 2014 titanium does this only under load was told by Nissan service manager its normal his own car does it , its the computer keeping the trans in top gear for longer trying to conserve fuel load of shit for my liking he told my to slip it into 4th ha ha . I think its more induction noise

Hey Roadrage,, i have the same issue on my titanium,, mine only happens when it,s been locked in the sun and i get in it after an hour or so and drive with the A/C on,, it rattles like buggery, comes from behind the SATNAV/STEREO screen area,,, have been to dealer and even showed them the video of it,, Nissan knows of this issue but have said that it,s not a safety issue,, but are endeavouring to find out how to fix it and will do a recall in due course,, there are many cases posted on NISSAN,s little internal internet and are well documented,, And storm patrol,, obviously your service manager has no idea what he,s on about

Sounds a lot like my whole car, after I put a SMF in,
Could be a stronger clutch plate that isn't slipping as much as the older version?

noise

As from Wednesday my d40 will have a safari snorkel fitted , as I think the sound under load is a induction related sound , will see if the snorkel fixes or changes it :yeahright:

Mine did it from new too, took it back and they said nothing wrong with it. I figured out its the centre part of the radio surround so i stuck a buisness card in the top near the wind screen n stopped the rattle

Have the car idling and go play with the air box. It rattles and sounds like it's in side drives us mental so we seal the box up with silicon to stop it vibrating.

vibes

Any one got a vibe at certain speed under load in a titanium I may be able to help you call my mobile and we can maybe resolve the noise , Im doing this because I don't want Nissan to find out the fix as they fobbed me and others off , I stuffed around for a couple of days finding this and have had a win:shooter: call 0421645104 ask for stormy

If a nissan dealer fobbed ya put a complaint in to Nissan about them. They take it rather serious. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back