Dash vibration

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a D22 2008 which had a somewhat similar vibration. Had lots of trouble locating noise but eventually found it was vibration coming from air box under bonnet on passanger side. Replaced foam around pipe, problem fixed?

Hi all I have a d40 2012 have had it for 3 months, I noticed this rattle in the centre of the dash that you all appear to have. I have a theory which I believe you will prove me right or wrong with your feedback. I believe it is the centre passenger ventilation trunk and it only vibrates when cold either cooled by ac or ambient weather, I believe the trunk shrinks due to contraction and it is probably passing through a bulkhead in the dash area and produces a rattle when the engine labours breifly.

going to get Nissan to fix it at next service ( hopefully )
will let you know what they do...

mine was two things.. the stereo bracket was loose and there was a wiring harness loose as well.. apparently its not covered under warranty ( had to pay $140 to get it fixed ) even though its been like that since I bought it as a demonstrator in February this year

Hey Roadrage,, i have the same issue on my titanium,, mine only happens when it,s been locked in the sun and i get in it after an hour or so and drive with the A/C on,, it rattles like buggery, comes from behind the SATNAV/STEREO screen area,,, have been to dealer and even showed them the video of it,, Nissan knows of this issue but have said that it,s not a safety issue,, but are endeavouring to find out how to fix it and will do a recall in due course,, there are many cases posted on NISSAN,s little internal internet and are well documented,, And storm patrol,, obviously your service manager has no idea what he,s on about

Been to have mine fixed .. they said it was the audio brackets or something like that.. anyway it still makes the same noise after they said they fixed it . took it back , now they say they'll need to take the whole dash out , and thus need car for 2 days, and it wont be a warranty item.. so i'll have to pay for it.. the Nissan service dealer is going to contact Nissan aust and see if they can get them to warranty it for me.. here's hoping .. interesting that you say Nissan knows of this issue and are endeavouring to fix it.. do you know who told you this ???

I found the vibration/noise was caused by the gear selector cable for the automatic transmission; vibrating against the bottom of the HVAC unit when under load. I simply stuffed a piece of sponge between the cable and the HVAC control unit and that fixed the problem. Takes about 5-minutes to fix. BTW it took me over 2-years and a concerted effort to find the cause.

Latest posts

Back