Dave's rant thread.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Cop was a nice bloke, however I think the council are a bunch of morons with there stupid ideas.

At least you don't have the VicRoads bullshit of no-right-turn-across-a-solid-single-line. Those single lines go forever in places.

Road rules don't stop at midnight you know :ha: I'm still waiting to see the coppers from Maitland pull over a white Navara on the RBT or whatever its called :big_smile:

So what's the deal with the turbo you posted about on the UK site?

Ill posted up details once I hear back from the joint.

There "kit that bolts straight on" doesn't. Intake would need to completely redone and the exhaust would need to be done.

Its a !@#$%^& nighmare, if I can get my money back. Ill be going for a hi-flowed factory turbo. Atlast then it will fit straight on.

Road rules dont stop at midnight I know, but I think the cops should be a bit more lenient when its very very unlikey to cause a accident when there is no traffic.

The council took out a legal right turn with traffic lights a week ago. Now to legally turn right, you have to go through atleast 5-6 back streets.

The new traffic lights they also installed, which were mean't to speed things up. Have done the opposite. Traffic in peak hour is now banked up for a few km's in the morning and arvo.

Dion they do if we are talking the same thing.

I don't race around the streets a lot - ask Scotty. He thinks I'm Hoke Colburn (played by Morgan Freeman - Driving Miss Daisy) - but I do like to travel at what the police would consider a respectable pace.

One thing that's been irking me lately is the speedster that races past me (I'm doing the speed limit, and more importantly I'm using my cruise control) and then slows down. Without touching the cruise control, I indicate, easily cruise past and pull back in ... only to be overtaken again and have the moron slow down on me again.

It's worse when the idiot moves out to block me - like we're in dodgem cars - or like one midget brain did, tore past at 20-30km/h above the speed limit, slammed on the anchors so they were doing 40km/m UNDER the speed limit and held me there (single lane) just because they could. When I got an opportunity to overtake (after quite some time), they took off.

Now if you're working in Williamtown Air Force Base and have been wondering who asked you for a load-out of AGM-65 Mavericks, now you know.

Tony,

A neighbour I had in Perth had an excellent solution for this problem. He tells the story of a bright spark in a Saab passing him and slowing down three times deliberately while he was on his way to Esperance. His solution, and I quote "after the third time I did the only thing I could. I hit him, passed him and drove off. " Apparently the Saab didn't come back for another go. Problem solved. Your Nav has a bar doesn't it?:sarcastic:

Regards

Scott

Road rules dont stop at midnight I know, but I think the cops should be a bit more lenient when its very very unlikey to cause a accident when there is no traffic.

Only shit stirring to get a bite :big_smile: Having spent years driving the midnight hours I can understand some rules are a bit stupid when there is no traffic and I've been lucky not to get stung very often for such.

Tony,

A neighbour I had in Perth had an excellent solution for this problem. He tells the story of a bright spark in a Saab passing him and slowing down three times deliberately while he was on his way to Esperance. His solution, and I quote "after the third time I did the only thing I could. I hit him, passed him and drove off. " Apparently the Saab didn't come back for another go. Problem solved. Your Nav has a bar doesn't it?:sarcastic:

Regards

Scott

There have been plenty of times i wish i was game enough to do that - but back then i didnt have a decent bull bar.

Now that i do have a good bullbar, my wife lives in hope that i DONT do something like that.

just a warning i guess to those navara drivers who drive in front of me like an old woman (krafty) my bull bar is bigger than your rear bumper bar ... :evil:

I'll see your pissy bullbar and raise you a

volvo_fm_fupd_medium_bullbar.jpg

Only the mate's truck doesn't have Rocla on the side of it

You will when it's punted up your arse as pay back for running into my Nav no matter how slow I drive

Nah I don't think so, think that pic was just a twin steer rigid I found to annoy Woody, not even sure there are too many FH16's in this country yet. The mate's just ordered himself an FM sleeper cab with the D13C 500HP in it though, apparently the wait on those things is even less than a Navara :big_smile:

The 700HP models or the 600HP? I haven't looked for a while but I last time I was talking to the dealer down here they weren't sure the FH16 was going to be as easy to get here in Aus as the FH and FM series. I know they had one testing on one of the outback runs and one of their biggest issues was lack of Adblue at servos so they had to cart their own but I guess that will change in time.

I may be wrong, but Volvo Australia are selling them.

I usually see them at night, they may just be the DG13's.

However I am still pretty sure though.

FH's have been around for a while but FH16's I was led to believe are a bit thin on the ground, Was a while ago that I was talking to the local dealer and he did say he could take orders but he also knew I wasn't looking to buy so he could have said anything to get rid of me.

Calls centres.

Do I need to say anymore. Grrrr.

Talk to 20 idiots and you finally get one person that actually helps.

Now I can go clean the ute. Grrrrr.

So much for a day off, the linies couldn't handle the work.

Latest posts

Back