Deadly's D21 Budget TOY

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the new front CV's/axles in, also replaced the bottom ball joints. The broken CV (passenger side) was a piece of cake to do, the other side fought me the whole way........GGRRRRRRR!!!

Shiny new CV & axle......
P1000739_zpsbb8de01e.jpg

Front hub & axle removed.....
P1000740_zps17201316.jpg

New bottom ball joint....
P1000741_zps07d2efee.jpg

Thanks mate :top: Nah.....no real updates, although have fitted an aftermarket diesel tach.......just trying to sort out the wiring, mainly the pick up point on the alternator :banghead:
Haven't even had a chance to break in the new CV,s yet!!!!

sucks breaking gear when you're helping people out AND that you lost ur lights as well. Scumbags man!

hey deadly did you buy your new cv's on-line? if you did who from and how much if you don't mind me asking thx mate

G'day mate, yes mate I got them off of evilbay (can't remember the seller, but was an Australian seller), where about $90 each for the complete axle from diff to hub :top:

Nah mate, it as something I put together. I used 6mm silicone hose (ebay), the breathers are exhaust/silencers used on air rams & brass fittings.

Time to replace the alternator....DOH!!! Got halfway into work Friday morning, went to put my foot on the brake & the pedal went rock hard (lucky there was hardly any traffic at 4:30 in the morning, could still use the brakes, but had to really stand on them). Anyway, while sussing it out yesterday morning checking for vacuum, could her a strange whirring/grinding noise. Worked out it was the alternator. And seeing as the vacuum pump is on the back of it, it wasn't creating any vacuum, hence rock hard brake pedal!!!!!

WOOOHOOOO !!!! New alternator arrived today, $161 delivered to the door. Good old evilbay :rock: Brand new 80A with vac pump :top::top:

hey mate, how's the beacon going?? my d21 is starting to come together finally! if your ever in vic we should hit up the tracks with the navs one day

G'day mate, Yeh the Beacon's going OK. Trying to work out whether to do further mods on it......new roll bar, bodylift, turbo new front bar, or build a new one......................thinking dual cab, & some other goodies :dontknow: See what happens within the year.

Good luck with yours, pretty easy to build & plenty of bits available for them.

Wanting to get down to Vic, so would be good to catch up :top:

Last edited:
Well, The Beacon has gone to it's new home. It was in need of a big birthday, needed more loving then I was prepared to give it. A bloke I work with has brought it as a project for him & his son.

Latest posts

Back