Death Wobbles

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black beast

Reaction score
Hey fellas,

I can back from some 4x4ing in the mud and I found my steering wheel starting to wobble on the highway while doing 80-100km/h. I was still in 4wd and the hubs were still in. I also pulled a mate out of a bog using the tow point(?) in one of the torsion bars. Just wondering what the deal is and if anyone else has had this?

Cheers, Cookey

may sound silly but check the inside of your rims, Mud on rims acts like a weight , there by putting them out of balance

Got me worried as well now. In the torsion bar there is a hole that the D-shackle fits through. I've done it once before and was hesitant but worked so I sort of accepted it. How much damage could I have caused?

Umm what are you calling torsion bar? No offence, but do you know where te torsion bar is/ what it does? Describe the point to us I.e where it is located.

Strange one, just looked under mine and I cant see anywhere you could possible have put a shackle through any part of the torsion bars,unless you actually put the shackle around the torsion bar it self.

I probably sound like an idiot, probably cause I am. I am still new to this stuff and I apologise for that. Anyway, the pics;
Pic 1 is the hole I used
803DD4A3-9C57-43BD-8FC4-0219C9A58BEE-5638-000008FEDDBF7C59.jpg

Pic 2 is that the thing is
9D91219B-6892-4710-8672-1A568261CA92-5638-000008FEFA006E7F.jpg

Sorry for the horrible pics, and for the second pic, it's the black thing under the bullbar.

Cheers fellas for putting up me too.

Looks like you just used the holes in the bullbar to chassis mount,I think there intended as tie down points in transit.

If thats what you pulled the other ute out with i,d start looking for mud on your rims again, I've been pulled out by those holes before but only on a straight pull,

If thats what you pulled the other ute out with i,d start looking for mud on your rims again, I've been pulled out by those holes before but only on a straight pull,

What he said, Ive used mine a few times, my bar does not sit perfectly straight with the car anymore, but thats the worst thats happened to me by using those as recovery points,never affected the steering.

I probably sound like an idiot, probably cause I am. I am still new to this stuff and I apologise for that. Anyway, the pics;
Pic 1 is the hole I used

Pic 2 is that the thing is

Sorry for the horrible pics, and for the second pic, it's the black thing under the bullbar.

Cheers fellas for putting up me too.

Hope thats eased a few tensions mate,

Latest posts

Back