deleting muffler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

308bever

Reaction score
just wondering whether deleting the rear muffler gains you much by itself? would it be best to replace it with a sports muffler? does the muffler do much to quieten the noise? it`s a yd2.5. thanks

Before I replaced my full exhaust, i made up a section from just behind the flex coupling (near the transfer case) back out of 2.5 inch stainless, removing the muffler. It was a bit louder, not a great deal though. Certainly nothing compared to replacing the whole exhaust anyway...

Probably slightly, but I didn't dyno it or anything. Replacing the full system does improve low down performance a lot though, there isn't really any flat spots at all anymore. I only made the one I did because I had some 2.5 inch stainless tube at home from an intercooler setup I did on an old patrol, which I had to buy a 6m length for lol... if you're handy with a welder and can get the tube cheap I'd say do it. Otherwise, if it is going to cost you more than a couple of hundred, I'd save the extra and get a full exhaust...

Latest posts

Back