Diesel in your oil

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphabet

Reaction score
I have been told by a few of the mechanics at work before changing your oil put a few litres of diesel through your engine, apparently gives your engine a real good flush and when you put the new stuff in, it stays a lot cleaner. Anyone else heard this before?

i haven't heard this before, i would just use proper oil flush from supercheap etc

Have not heard the diesel one but I have heard Kerosene. Either way I use oil flush like Scooba stated and the flush through about 2l with the sump plug in and let it drain then fill her up. I have no idea how much mine holds because of the turbo and oil cooler but it seems to be around 7.5-8L

I personally dont use any type of oil flush in any of my engines....they are either new or rebuilt engines (clean), so I know they will stay clean due to regular oil changes with some quality engine oils.

I personally dont use any type of oil flush in any of my engines....they are either new or rebuilt engines (clean), so I know they will stay clean due to regular oil changes with some quality engine oils.

I agree. 5000km intervals and quality oils. I also drain the engine for as long and possible and pour a few hundred ml of new oil through the engine with the sump plug out, small waste but flushes the oil sitting in the pan out.

Regards

Greg

i had to do it in a hj47 as an apprentice that done 68,000 km without a service, i wouldnt do it to your motor or tell you to.

I have heard of it but not something I would do unless I was desperate.

Like tipping a can of Ajax down the intake to deglaze bores.

Iv been told this by a diesel mechanic as well. Also seen the result of it been done. The oil was clean but the bearings were scored and all messed up, the turbo bearings wrecked and head damaged. It doesent take long. Remember oil works by making a oil wedge between the highly machined bearing surfaces. If this oil wedge is not there, damage occures very quickly. And diesel does not have the viscosity of lube oil therefor a oil wedge does not form. Hence damage really quick.
Not worth it at all for 'Clean Oil'.
Change oil + filters on reguler service intervels, keep air filters clean and have breather filters installed and changed after each dirty trip (I use the $1.50 paper filter type from autobarn, keep a few spare in the glove box)
and you should not have a problem!
Enjoy!:tazzy:

I...... If this oil wedge is not there, damage occures very quickly. And diesel does not have the viscosity of lube oil therefor a oil wedge does not form. Hence damage really quick. ............

also diesel doesn't have all the HP additives etc that oil has in it.
diesel is a lousy lubricant.
those ZD30 owners who have had the misfortune of the injector spill line leaking diesel into the oil will now what i mean. a destroyed turbo is usually the first sign.

My father has been putting some diesel (not sure but I thought only about a cup) through his Nav for a couple of years now and reckons it helps BUT he has the 3.2 Litre non-turbo engine. I personally don't ad anything to my Nav with the ZD30 engine.

My wifes aunty drinks a teaspoon of kerosene every day to keep her healthy. She is heading toward 90 so who am I to say it doesn't work?

My wifes aunty drinks a teaspoon of kerosene every day to keep her healthy. She is heading toward 90 so who am I to say it doesn't work?

So when are you going to start doing it to the Nav, or don't you want the Nav to last 90 years?

Latest posts

Back