Diff drop, is it possible?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KB.

Reaction score
Hey guys KB here

This topic has probably been discussed a fair bit through the forum, but i had to ask. Is it possible to drop the front diff to reduce cv angles?
I run a 3" calmini/caloffroad suspension lift kit and have run into some issues with the cv angles.

Has anyone attempted to drop the front diff? If so how was it done? With a crossmember replacement? Or with brackets/spacers?

I realise I could just lower the torsion bars to reduce the height and angle, but thought I could have the best of both worlds with the lift and cv angles down.

If anyone has any opinions or ideas please share. Getting a headache from trying to search for possibilities.

Cheers kb.

Someone posted this link in this forum, so i bookmarked it for when i get 3' lift

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/front-differential-drop-down-bushings-p-5277.html

its not much of a drop, but im sure it would help out a fair bit with CB angles.

while i had my diff cross-member oout over the weekend, i considered the options including drilling out the original rubber bushing, then moving the eyelet down then filling it with rubber glue.

but then, you might as well order a premade kit., that will be easier.

you can but why would you want to? wasn't the point of a 3" lift to get 3" of lift for the front? dropping the diff down means you mose well just run like a 2-2.5" lift.

I just thought that lowering the diff would reduce cv angles therefore allowing the full 3" to be raised permanently. Yeah I have looked into the 3/8" ones.

Your diff sits higher than the body line, so its possible to lower your diff without imperaing your lift etc etc.

you cant go to low with the diff before the cv/diff parts start to run on the body anyway,

if you find anything better than the 3/8th kit readymade, let me know, as ill be interested

There was 2 sites that did the diff drop kits. Both were the same as you can only drop the diff the 3/8 until it fouls on the cross member. Apart from that I wouldbt wanna drop it any further as you will loose clearance underneath.

I think the other site was Rugged Offroad

Rusty

Hello all Vic'here, I am having issues with just a 2" snake racing kit?
Noticed it first after fitting an elocker and was thinking the worst when on spinning the front tail shaft it would get very hard to turn then would free up and turn freely.. Well I'm hoping it's c'v bind and not the centre!
I had also replaced the top(downward) bump stop with some low bump stops and have now fitted some that sit a little higher to help but I would for piece of mind like to lower the front diff.
I have looked at the "Frontier/Navara kit from the states" that drop it 3/8 to 1/2 for $120 delivered but have also found this one from Performance suspension @$550-. I have asked them how much is gained and are yet to hear back from them, as soon as I do I will let you guy's know. Here is some pics..

Attachments

• 20150423_174113.jpg
    20150423_174113.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 294
  • 20150423_173948.jpg
    20150423_173948.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 384
  • 20150423_205647.jpg
    20150423_205647.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 341
  • 20150423_205705.jpg
    20150423_205705.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 345
That's same problem I had. I got Calmini UCAs. Installed them, checked at full droop. CVCs binding big time. Called Calmini They would not admit the fact, nor answer me. Emailed them, that I removed there control arms. Told them I would drive truck to there shop. Show them problem. No Answer. So I did stop payment on Credit card. They would not answer my complaint from credit card. I mailed them back, Credit card company. Refunded my money

hey guys did anyone end up getting the performance suspension diff drop kit? im keen to grab one and just want to know if it gets worthwhile reduction in cv angles and if there was any other issues i.e. pinion angles?

thanks

Latest posts

Back