Difference between steel and alloy bullbars (mounting)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben-D22

Reaction score
Hey guys I picked up a factory steel winch bar for a good price the other week, but before I have it colour coded, I can't seem to figure out the differences in mounts. Here's a few pics

Steel bar measures in at 740 between the rails

But it has to clear about 770 on the rails on my 06 D22.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• image-2515804148.jpg
    image-2515804148.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 91
  • image-2955571195.jpg
    image-2955571195.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 77
  • image-4238465184.jpg
    image-4238465184.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 88
the steel bar actually uses a completely different mount system to the alloy bar.

from memory the alloy bar has massive (like 12mm) solid steel plate coming off the chassis rails up to meet the alloy bar for mounting.

in comparison the steel bar mounts are made out of 3mm (?) plate and bent/folded with a crush zone for airbag deployment., make sure you got the right mounts with your bar.

the other thing is, the bar you picked up might be for a different year model, or the 2wd version. theres many factors involved here.

joshman said:
the steel bar actually uses a completely different mount system to the alloy bar.

from memory the alloy bar has massive (like 12mm) solid steel plate coming off the chassis rails up to meet the alloy bar for mounting.

in comparison the steel bar mounts are made out of 3mm (?) plate and bent/folded with a crush zone for airbag deployment., make sure you got the right mounts with your bar.

the other thing is, the bar you picked up might be for a different year model, or the 2wd version. theres many factors involved here.

Yeah I was worried about the whole different year thing, but the stickers match up though

I think it might be tough looking for the right bracket

Attachments

• image-2870551149.jpg
    image-2870551149.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 69

Latest posts

Back