Differences in models, small changes everywhere?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris C

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been lurking here for a little bit, reading different thins regarding the D40, trying to learn about them, it appears that there is no real “standard” of what will be fitted to these.

I have a 03-2011 build 07-2011 comply D40 STX, Spain build, 2.5 manual.

In the Suspension threads about lifting these ones, the late D40 Spain builds, are showing that they don’t have Camber adjustments. Mine does? What gives, is it now a standard fit? Anyone else with a real late Spain built car that can check, I want to order some suspension, everyone tells me I will need camber bushes as I cant adjust mine, but I can.

Also I have looked at a few threads with pics regarding blocking off the EGR, mine looks nothing like any in the photo’s. The flange shape, and gasket are nothing like the ones I have seen posted up, the hole centres are the same, but nothing like the rest.

It has me wondering how much of the rest of the car is different, and where, I don’t have a key hole in the Drivers door handle, none anywhere?

I want to buy some stuff, from a multi function Din2 stereo to suspension, but am scared to buy in case nothing fits or works.

Even my Dump pipe / Cat look unlike any other I have seen pictured. I know cars change, but gee it makes it hard to modify if it is different to any previous model.

I really do like driving it, I can’t wait to get it dirty, maybe this weekend, but those stock Goodyears don’t look like they will handle much more than the woollies car park.

Hi Chris,

There are some differences between the models for sure. Let's look at the ones that you'd raised that I know about - I don't know much about the suspension.

I don't think any of the STX models have a key in the driver's door, but if you look UNDER the fixed part of the front passenger lock you'll see a small rectangular hole. Stick a flat-bladed screwdriver in and lift the cover off and presto, keylock is there.

The EGR system changed because in 2010 and later Nissan started monitoring the EGR flow. As far as I'm aware it's no more than a detection of combusted gases, so even a small amount works. If you're going to blank your EGR, leave a hole in the middle - about 4 to 6mm diameter ought to be enough.

The chassis rails are different between Thai and Spain builds too. It's only a few mm difference between them, but mounting points are also supposed to be different, so a bullbar or tow hitch from one can't just be hammered into position on the other (athough, ya know, with a big enough hammer ...)

Double DIN stereo units will have adapter cables available, they should all pretty much bolt in just be careful about the depth of the unit as some D40s have a bracket behind the top that gets in the way.

As for getting it dirty, take it through Yengo National Park. We did it in 2WD on the standard Continentals and while it was do-able, I had to be careful to choose my line properly. If you want mud, consider an offshoot of the Jerusalem Creek track near Chichester. If you have a winch, extension & tree protector and balls made of solid steel, tackle the Terrible Billy track in Chichester Forest.

Hi Chris,

There are some differences between the models for sure. Let's look at the ones that you'd raised that I know about - I don't know much about the suspension.

I don't think any of the STX models have a key in the driver's door, but if you look UNDER the fixed part of the front passenger lock you'll see a small rectangular hole. Stick a flat-bladed screwdriver in and lift the cover off and presto, keylock is there.

The EGR system changed because in 2010 and later Nissan started monitoring the EGR flow. As far as I'm aware it's no more than a detection of combusted gases, so even a small amount works. If you're going to blank your EGR, leave a hole in the middle - about 4 to 6mm diameter ought to be enough.

The chassis rails are different between Thai and Spain builds too. It's only a few mm difference between them, but mounting points are also supposed to be different, so a bullbar or tow hitch from one can't just be hammered into position on the other (athough, ya know, with a big enough hammer ...)

Double DIN stereo units will have adapter cables available, they should all pretty much bolt in just be careful about the depth of the unit as some D40s have a bracket behind the top that gets in the way.

As for getting it dirty, take it through Yengo National Park. We did it in 2WD on the standard Continentals and while it was do-able, I had to be careful to choose my line properly. If you want mud, consider an offshoot of the Jerusalem Creek track near Chichester. If you have a winch, extension & tree protector and balls made of solid steel, tackle the Terrible Billy track in Chichester Forest.

Thanks for that Tony,

I had started to see a few of the differnces between the years , but didnt think a 2011 spain built would vary too much from a 2010, but hey, doesnt really matter, just trying to buy the right stuff first go.

I have blanked off my EGR, no small hole, so far so good, several trips and 500km so far with no codes or lights.

Thanks for the tip on the key in the Passanger side door handle.:rock:

Should be fun having a play with this thing.

Latest posts

Back