Digital Transmission Temp Gauge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautUte

Reaction score
Boyz,
Have any of you ever fitted a Digital Transmission Temp Gauge to a D40 YD25 automatic transmission. If so, I would appreciate any guidance you can give me regarding the placement of the sender unit on the gearbox.
On'ya
BeautUte

Can't be bothered looking up the website myself but have a look at Scangauge I thought one of the settings in standard mode or under X Gauge was transmission temp.

It's entirely possible that the Scangauge could do that, Krafty. The ECU is informed of the transmission oil temperature which is monitored by the TCM (Transmission Control Module). Too high a temperature and it goes into limp mode.

There are two sensors, don't know where the first one is but the second sensor is replaceable and it plugs directly into the TCM - you have to remove the auto transmission sump to get to it.

It's entirely possible that the Scangauge could do that, Krafty. The ECU is informed of the transmission oil temperature which is monitored by the TCM (Transmission Control Module). Too high a temperature and it goes into limp mode.

If this is the case there is no real need for a temp gauge.

I'm fairly sure it's a function of SC if no one else confirms it and I get time later on I will check out the specs but I'm sure it's on the website

Can't be bothered looking up the website myself but have a look at Scangauge I thought one of the settings in standard mode or under X Gauge was transmission temp.

Thanks Krafty, your suggestion was was right on the money, after a couple of hours of investigation on the net and a few phone calls I believe the Scangauge will do everything I want and then some. Thanks again.

BeautUte

Thanks Krafty, your suggestion was was right on the money, after a couple of hours of investigation on the net and a few phone calls I believe the Scangauge will do everything I want and then some. Thanks again.

BeautUte

No worries, there are a few of us on here with Scangauges now so if you want some information relating to the Nav's and SG there is a few threads here about them.

I would be very interested if someone could post the scangauge (x-gauge) codes for displaying auto tranny temp on a D40 navara. I have trawled the internet for nearly a year without success. There are posts that think they may have the solution but I have yet to see
one that works and I have tried several. So if someone has tried (successfully) displaying auto temps then please post to this forum as there are many out there patiently waiting.

Go to the Australian Scangauge website the instructions for both the unit and the X Gauge are linked there, atleast they used to be as of a few weeks back.

I would be very interested if someone could post the scangauge (x-gauge) codes for displaying auto tranny temp on a D40

Good luck with that mate........

Quote:

"Automatic Transmission Temperature X-Gauge for Australian vehicles? This is our most requested X-Gauge and unfortunately none are available specifically for Australian vehicles."

or try here.....http://www.scangauge.com.au/support/pdfs/XGAUGE.pdf

:cheers!:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an e-mail from Scangauge filed somewhere that states that the X Gauge AT Temp function could not be made compatible with ANY NISSAN vehicle.

That has actually come up in this forum before and I believe the quote above by krankin was also posted here/ My apologies for suggesting it might have been part of X gauge I should have remembered it wasn't be then it's not a function I care about so it's easy for me to forget.

Here is the FAQ from the Ample Outdoors site (referenced by Scangauge):
#

I need to monitor automatic transmission temperature, can the Scangauge II do this?

Yes, BUT.... it involes programming in an X-Gauge to suit your vehicle. Not all models are supported. We have developed a TFT X-Gauge for Holden vehicles (tested on the Jackaroo) and we are working on gauges for Ford (F250) and Toyota (Prado 120 and LC200) but it is not known when these will be ready. There are TFT X-Gauges listed in the X-Gauge commands list here, but these relate to vehicles in the American market and may not work on Australian vehicles.

At this time the programming sequence required for the Nissan D40 is not readily available. As was suggested trawling the net yields various things to try but none work.

If anyone else has cracked this problem please let me and the queue of others wanting this solution in on the secret! in the mean time Wholesale Automatic Transmissions in Melbourne can provide an AT Temp gauge kit for the D40 Auto circa $250

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back