Diligaf

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The same thing happened a few years ago with all the china motor bikes and quads bikes, they all had asbestos in the brake pads and shoes. Customs found them and had them remove all the pads before they left the dock, so then they zipped tied the replacements to the handlebars........all though this made it really hard to stop your new bike the good news is the pads lasted heaps better..........

The same thing happened a few years ago with all the china motor bikes and quads bikes, they all had asbestos in the brake pads and shoes. Customs found them and had them remove all the pads before they left the dock, so then they zipped tied the replacements to the handlebars........all though this made it really hard to stop your new bike the good news is the pads lasted heaps better..........

stop those whingeing d40 owners crying about there brake pads wearing out:rofl2:

You are just jealous because you can't lick that lovely black dust of your rims every day.

Asbestos gaskets? Pfft. Safe until you put them thru a blender and then rack up lines and snort the powder for a party trick.
Any product made thats chinese made and owned should be avoided anyway. Especially baby fomula.

Maybe their baby formula has asbestos in it too that's why they want all ours before australian customers can buy it.

Asbestos gaskets? Pfft. Safe until you put them thru a blender and then rack up lines and snort the powder for a party trick.
Any product made thats chinese made and owned should be avoided anyway. Especially baby fomula.

They can make there baby milk powder out of whatever they like, And feed it to there own. But it shows the quality of the pricks when the can make baby formula like that:rambo:

You snort talcum powder?

If you mix talcum powder with asbestos powder it smells better but I'm not sure it tastes any better.

this is what i look like.

Attachments

• dilligaf.jpg
    dilligaf.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 27
Correct me if I'm wrong, but all they do is put it in a plastic bag and then landfill it.
Does it even go to a specific site?

As in....general population landfill...like from the mechanics rubbish bin to the local councils landfill....
As for where it goes when taken away properly I'm not sure but I have seen special bins at the transfer stations.

There is all sorts of rules governing where and how it is to be placed, state laws vary a little bit but the general rule is that it doesn't share bins with other waste.

Given the number of gaskets that would have been replaced I'd imagine the number in landfill is quite small and probably outweighed 10 fold by careless or ignorant home renovators but it probably should still be of some concern to people.

I wonder just how many people can even spot the stuff when they see it.

I had the skip bin bloke tell me 6 months ago that he shouldn't be taking our skip from the farm because of the asbestos in the cement sheeting, apparently pointing out the "AB FREE" logo plastered all over the sheeting wasn't enough to convince him, he still claimed that unbeknown to the general public the stuff manufactured as "AB FREE" is still littered with asbestos.

Once I stopped laughing I did ask the guy if he believed in the benefits of 2T oil in diesel but apparently that was just an internet theory. :hahaha:

Back