Diy table

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RASCAL

Reaction score
has any one made a table that will sit off of the rear tail gate , i have seen one in a mag but thats it

Some MDF, a piano hinge and some poles from rays spring to mind.

The tailgate is a table! Whatchutalkinbout Willis? :sarcastic:

yea im quite happy with my tailgate as a table as is. couldnt imagine a need for anything else

For touring though I can see the advantage of a flip out extended table. Whether that be to extend the length or width of the Tailgate to give a kitchen area.
Given me thought. I would have it extend out to the side and like I said above could be done on the cheap with a piece of MDF, some poles from Rays/ BCF etc and a piano hinge without taking up any space at all.

thats a fair point but for those times when im camping for a extended period when the extra space is a blessing i have a fold up kitchen style bench with 2 small cupboards that i bought from bcf for 70 bucks

this'll give you an idea... dont know if you can get anything like this in Aus, but it's probably more than your after anyway. a single tent pole and a piece of Marine ply would do nicely for extra room.

53big.jpg

Outdoor_Combo_Kitchen.jpg

that is what i am talking about , i seen on in last couple of 4wd action mags was in the section storage solutions on a whit hulux with black stripes it looked mint . and today i went to the news agent and the new custom ute mag was out with storage solutions so i grabed it hoping it would have it in there two with a better angle so i could see . basicly it just extenteds of on side of the tail gate giving you a L shape using mdf and a few short tent poles , were it would store was more to what im trying to find out

well i finally had the time and made one up looks great , the advantage to this is that im going to fit a frdge on a slide if every thing is on the tail gate you cant slide frige out and it gives you just that little more room .

dunham

Attachments

• Photo0220.jpg
    Photo0220.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 238
  • Photo0222.jpg
    Photo0222.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 228
  • Photo0223.jpg
    Photo0223.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 234
  • Photo0224.jpg