Dpf issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vk84

Reaction score
Hi all, I had my dpf delete pipe installed for 6 or so weeks with no problems, but today the dpf light came on and went into limp mode, how can the light come on when there's no dpf there to be cleaned?

I read somewhere that the maf sensor could be at fault? Is there anyway to test it?

Cheers in advance!

The light comes on (usually) when there's enough of a pressure differential between the sensors before and after the filter. This actually equates to a voltage difference in the return values from the two pressure sensors. If one of the sensors becomes faulty, or its electrical connection becomes intermittent (or fails) then the ECU has no choice but to assume the filter needs cleaning. Naturally, with no filter actually there, a regen will be requested (and the necessary fuel sent in the exhaust strokes) but the apparent pressure will remain unchanged - so the ECU will assume that the DPF cannot be cleaned and bring the DPF light on.

You could try cleaning the MAFS, but I'm not sure it would make a difference. Use electrical contact cleaner, do NOT put anything in the opening, let it dry before reinstalling it. A faulty MAFS usually results in the wrong fuel mix and boost levels, resulting in poor performance but usually no warning light until the MAFS fails, and then it's the normal Check Engine Light that comes on.

Funny - this has just happened to mine.. Same thing.. DPF delete pipe.. sitting on 110km travelling home and BAM - DPF light came one..

120km later (i was praying no limp mode) I arrived home.. DPF light still on, but fingers crossed no limp mode.. Taking it in tomorrow to try and have it resolved (fingers crossed)

For the record, my MAFS is as clean as.. Cleaned and shiny.. Though that does not mean it's not failing.. Fingers crossed....

What is the go in these instances? I believe only Nissan can clear a DPF LIMP MODE - and if you aint got a DPF, I am not sure what they could do?

Maybe someone that has had it happen with the delete pipe could tells us how they handled it?

Hi VK84

Is your DPF light orange or red? Have you been able to extrac a fault code from the vehicle?

Cheers

Latest posts

Back