DPF software removal and remap

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you followed the threads regarding this topic closely you would see that the only people that have had problems with white smoke are the guy's that have removed both the DPF and the factory CAT.
If you remove only the DPF and replace sensors then you will have no problems.
If you remove both DPF and CAT then you start to have problems. Even fitting an after market CAT still doesn't stop the problem.
Some guy's have had a little success by spacing the O2 sensor out of the pipe but it's a bit hit and miss so the best option is to either gut out the DPF or replace but leave the factory CAT.

Very true, the evidence stacks up that way.

Would the Taipan Cat help? Can we install the Taipan CAT/downpipe then the DPF delete pipe from Chipit then straight pipe to the end?
Also any update on the ECU remap to delete the post injection cycles?
Thanks

Since the DPF and CAT are the same thing (and bolt into the same place) replacing the DPF with a Taipan CAT will replace the DPF. The Taipan CAT will need to be drilled for the pressure sensors unless you just put the pair into each end of a pipe and let 'em read each other.

Tony I always thought they were to parts so that both manuals ans autos have CAT and only autos have DPF as well.
Thanks

Attachments

• d40-nissan-lg.jpg
    d40-nissan-lg.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 109
Yeah as shown in picture above (which must be after market system).
The factory CAT bolts onto the the Turbo and is enclosed in the dump pipe while the DPF is situated further down stream sitting under the passengers footwell just before the right angle bend.

As I have stated previously my old 07 DPF'd auto carrying 700kg used to return low 11's on the open road. After I retired it from being my work horse and it started doing combination of around town(40%) and open road (60%) running with no load in it the fuel consumption started to creep up. Returning around 14LPHKM. (obviously around town driving clogging the DPF and then open road heating and cleaning it back out)
I then removed the DPF gutted it and then put the empty shell back in and it's now returning mid 11's again.

Guys one thing that may be worth considering is that the diesel in the UK is of a far higher grade than the diesel you get here, when i first moved over here i brought a bmw 330d with me that had been custom remapped at jabbasport in the uk, when it arrived here and i got it registered etc i immediately noticed that it didn't go anywhere near as well as it did back home and also smoked on acceleration something that it never did whilst driving at home. I went to see a friend with it who has his own european car servicing/tuning business and he said that it was because it had been mapped on the uk diesel and that the fuel over here wasn't as good and as refined as what the car had been mapped on also the ambient temperature over here is far higher than the uk and this too has an effect on the performance. He said he sees the problem quite often in both petrol and diesel vehicles that have been remapped overseas as even petrol over here isn't as high octane as the uk for example and reckons that 98 octane over here probably isn't even a decent 95.
So i'm not sure what work the uk company would be doing to your ecu but this may be worth a little consideration.

Latest posts

Back