Draw Systems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Showy

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Looking at building / buying some draws for the tray of my '09 Nav. The vehicle doesn't have a canopy - just a soft cover on the back. I'm wondering if anyone else has gone down this path.

I'm planning on putting key locks on the draws so I can leave the vehicle and hopefully find my gear still in the draws in the tub once I return. I'm after ideas on waterproofing the draws, which may include the material they will be constructed with, any brands of sliders or rollers you might suggest, and probably more importantly any downsides to this project that I possibly haven't thought of.

Cheers Showy.:cheers!:

You can get the heavy duty runners fron OVESCO or LINCOLN SENTRY check the web.. you can duoble them up to make them carry more load.... If you have a ply top with a small drip lip all the way around you should be all good.

Thanks for the replies.

The back tends to stay pretty dry - probably only the back 150mm gets a little water when it buckets down, mainly due to the stretch in the cover.
Marine ply I'm aware of, but thinking outside the norm a little, heavy duty plastics or aluminium?

I'm not sure of how to make the 'drip lip'. Are you suggesting something routed, silicon, or is it an actual product?

Does the 'Marine Carpet' that most people chuck on do anything other than look good?

Has anyone mounted L.E.D. lights in the compartments of the draws for night time finding of that 'stuff' you need? If so, any problems of running electrics with the slides?

Do it once and do it right! - That's what I'm chasing.

Last edited:
No not a product.. just some ally angle,silicone or routing would do it. just to stop the water running back under the lip... you could look around for that bread cutting board stuff they sell it in sheets big enough and it would last forever... I think its pretty dear though.

You could try these guys for your runners.
plasticsfactory/ They are in Sydney but will freight Aus wide, They can supply high density polyethylene cut to size, im not sure if they have a mimimum order.
This is the same stuff that 'Drifta" use in all of their drawers and the same stuff ive used.
Put one bit on the bottom of the drawer and another piece in your cabinet so they slide on eachother
Easy to keep clean and last forever. Just spray with silicone spray every 6 months or so and the drawers slide easy.
I think (and dont quote me) the high density polyethylene is rated to have no friction up to about 1000Kgs not that you will have that sort of weight in a drawer.
The one thing you have to watch is sand and dirt getting in between the slides, this will make them sticky and hard to open.

Latest posts

Back