Drinks and a feed soon. Minmi Hotel 31 July 2011 12:00 noon

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to meet everyone, good to know who i'm taking the piss out of!

Definitely keen to meet up with everyone again, hopefully for a drive, always keen for some new tracks.

Rich

@ Dave- Anytime, seemed to be in the same shape when I got it back as when it left :cheers!:

Did you try the manual mode? Takes off from the lights good in manual mode.

Didn't think i'd ever get an auto, the missus can't drive manual so I got the last one auto, don't think i'll ever go back

Didn't wanna push it to hard as its not my car.

Shit it drives nice though. Bugger all road noise to.

How about we do this again, this time somewhere different ...

Is there still a little cafe at Mt White? There was one about 20 years ago, but I haven't been on the old road in a long time. Any other suggestions?

A packed lunch into the Watagans? I'm just thinking of something that isn't too stressful. While the Yengo run can be done in 2WD mode, the choice of line on the track can increase adrenaline levels a bit.

Sounds good to me.

Haven't been up there in ages though.

Cant remember the tracks up there to well.

Craig has maps of the forest and said he'd look to see if he had anything suitable for us to use as a base ... but just in case, I'm investigating it.

My goal is to start in a remote-ish area of the park, have a really nice drive through, and stop for lunch at Old Onley HQ - which is a nice easy drive back out and into the freeway. It should create a great atmosphere for lunch and an easy drive home making it a good outing.

Craig has maps of the forest and said he'd look to see if he had anything suitable for us to use as a base ... but just in case, I'm investigating it.

My goal is to start in a remote-ish area of the park, have a really nice drive through, and stop for lunch at Old Onley HQ - which is a nice easy drive back out and into the freeway. It should create a great atmosphere for lunch and an easy drive home making it a good outing.

G,day Folks,

How far are the Watagans from Coffs Harbour?

My wife and I have only lived in NSW for the last 3 years. We are not familiar with all the terrain in NSW. I do not mind traveling down to Newcastle for a catch up lunch and a beer!

Regards,

RLI
:cheers!:

hi
coffs to newcastle/watagans would be approx 3 1/2 hrs
from what i hear coffs has some great tracks/scenery
maybee we should come to you

I'm heading to Coffs for Aus round of World rally championships, weekend of 8th-11th September I think.
Going to try and camp but think i'll have the baby & lisa will fly up later so probably won't work out. Booo

But yeah, i'm up for a coffs weekend

I'm heading to Coffs for Aus round of World rally championships, weekend of 8th-11th September I think.
Going to try and camp but think i'll have the baby & lisa will fly up later so probably won't work out. Booo

But yeah, i'm up for a coffs weekend

G,day mate,

My mates and I are going to the World Rally Championships. Give us a call, i can take you for a quick trip on the rover trail, only 15mins from Coffs CBD.

Regards,

RLI

hi
coffs to newcastle/watagans would be approx 3 1/2 hrs
from what i hear coffs has some great tracks/scenery
maybee we should come to you

G,day Sparra,

You say when, i will take you and the boy's to some great tracks and camp site locations only 30mins from Coffs Harbour CBD.

Regards,

RLI

We could do a whole weekend thing. If there is a camping spot like Coopernook Forest then we could bring our van along.

G,day OLD Tony,

Mate from Coffs Habour to Yamba we have some off the best 4 x 4 tracks in NSW or as John Rooth advised me (Australia). Great camp spots like;

1. Platypus Flat in the Nymboi/Bindary National Park (Great fishing & swimming)

2. The Cod Hole in the Nymboi/Bindary National Park (Great fishing & swimming)

3. The Junction also in the Nymboi/Bindary National Park (Great fishing & swimming)

4. Station Creek and Pebbly beach (stunning location) in the Yuraygir National Park (Great boating, fishing, swimming & sand dune rides for the kids. Even
Old kids such as us! yehaa baby) This location is only 15 mins from my home!

5. Clarance River Gorge on private property (stunning location, great boating, fishing & swimming). Check out their website thegorge.tripod.com

I think this should wet your appetite!

PS, Their is a shit load of old gold mines up hear, if you are into that gold prospecting shit!

Regards,

RLI

:rock::cheers!:

Last edited:
Back