Drive in neutral.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

75 GRC

Reaction score
Hi all Quick question.

I jacked my 4B up the other day to do a full tire rotation from front to back/left to right..

With a 12 V impact wrench.

What was particularly concerning was with all four wheels on jack stands. And once I started the vehicle to keep the 12 wrench going.. My rear wheels kept turning. Yes I have an LSD in the rear. But concerns me why the rear wheels were turning in neutral. And the gearbox in neutral five speed manual. Can anybody shed any light on why this may be happening.
Because it appears my drive line is active all the time even in neutral..
And now it is starting to worry me because of fuel costs..

Thank you in advance any help would be greatly appreciated!!

just cold oil making enough friction to transfer power between the shafts of the gearbox.
i'll bet if you put your hand on the wheels it would stop moving. it won't be much power.
also if it was hot oil it would slip more and not transfer as much power.

just cold oil making enough friction to transfer power between the shafts of the gearbox. i'll bet if you put your hand on the wheels it would stop moving. it won't be much power. also if it was hot oil it would slip more and not transfer as much power.

Yes the car was cold tweake's..
And yes I did put my hand on it and it stopped Rolling both wheels.. Just concerned that's all..

So you think I will be right then?????

Whats weirder is when you rotate one wheel and the wheel on the other side rotates the opposite way.

Latest posts

Back