drivers side door hinges

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.murdoch

Reaction score
hi guys

my 2006 d22 drivers side door drops when its opened looks like the bushes in the hinge are stuffed any idea how to change/fix them?

Might need to get someone to hold the door for you but you should be able to tap them out from the bottom up with a centre punch or round chisel. There are pin and bush kits on eBay all the time for them

The pin looks rounded on the bottom ill try and knock it out I have the pin and bush kit

let us know how you go, and if it fixes it.
my drivers door is pretty bad, passenger not much better.

where'd you get the kit? how much?

I just bought some replacement pins off of ebay for $17

Do we have to grind the bottom of the pins off as it appears to be rounded at the bottom? The pins ive also bought dont appear to have any way to retain them in the hinge? Any idea how they would normally be retained?

I just bought some replacement pins off of ebay for $17

Do we have to grind the bottom of the pins off as it appears to be rounded at the bottom? The pins ive also bought dont appear to have any way to retain them in the hinge? Any idea how they would normally be retained?

Cut it off and use 2 hammers?

haha that was my first thought but I imagined there might be something a bit more sophisticated :)

Could be.. Maybe a nissan first year apprentice that you will pay $100 per hour and then maybe put a scratch or two on your car before you get it back lol the best I heard was someone fitting a snorkel and bolting it to the door haha

Don't buy the pins off thief bay, i just did this on an 2005 and they don't fit and far from it! i had to go to wreckers to get new hinge, I have seen hinges on thief bay but they say to only suit up till 2004, not sure if 05 is the same?

Latest posts

Back