Driving light issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B73

Reaction score
Hi All
Needing to pick your brains. I have HID driving lights fitted (not real expensive ones). They were installed by a TJM shop. My issue is when I have had the lights on for a while and have to dip for oncoming traffic, when I put them back on, only the right one starts back up unless I wait about 40 to 50 sec then they both come back on. On initial start up both work fine and if there is a line of cars coming they will both start back up but dipping for say one car, then only the right works until I wait as above. Whilst they are on both work fine without fault. Thoughts?

I have a similar issue with my spotties (converted to hid with a chinese ebay kit) in that, when the engine is off, if I turn them on only 1 will come on, but if the engine is running both do. I just put it down to low voltage.

Yours sounds like a heat issue in the ballast though, some of the chinese ballasts have issues like that. Having them dipped for longer allows the ballasts to cool enough so they fire up again. What lights are they? The ones with the big moulded case with HID on the back?

I'd double check all the wiring connections just to make sure they're all good. If it is a heat issue there's not really a lot you can do being a sealed unit. Where did you get them from?

You have a malfunctioning ballast.
Happens often with ebay imports.
Other times it causes the stereo to buzz or whistle.

I would ensure yr earth is connected securely as this is a known cause I had the same issue bad earth on the left one

Also if yr getting a buzz thru yr stereo it cause of a bad earth I cut my earths fitted a eyelet and earthed each one to the car body and only had the + run thru the harness

Latest posts

Back