Driving lights everywhere, but which ones?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a set of those dime a dozen hids off eBay along with a 22inch led bar. As a combo they are great! I've had top brand spotties stolen too many times out at work (seems to happen when shut downs are on....) so I got jack and got the eBay specials and now I've had them for two years and never touched! They are currently on my Xtrail but are coming off to go onto the Navara in a couple off weeks when it arrives.

They are not as good as the top brand ones but not far behind and for the price if they get stolen it's not a huge loss. Bang for buck I reckon they are good the eBay ones.

Cheers
Sticko

around 10 sec's to get to full brightness on initial start up, but are still bright after 5 but just keep getting brighter. hid's with a light bar is a good combo.

Same as above for me. I have 2 7 inch hid spot lights, 1 pencil 1 spread, 2 4 inch hids both spot and a light bar on top. It does take the hids about 10sec to warm up as mentioned above, but the light bar more than makes up for that until then as they give out instant light. The trucks I drive for work have light force xgt halogens and smaller hid spot lights and I'm not impressed with the light output of them at all on the road compared to what I get in the navara...

If you are still keen on halogen spottier, have a look at roolites, they are basically a light force rip off but a lot cheaper...

I'm about to buy some lights, I'm old and naive but are these sunney lights safe to buy over the net? Sorry for the stupid question

I see by one of your older posts your in melbourne, if your at all concerned you can pick the sunyee lights up yourself in port melbourne I think, or if you buy from brightlight auto parts you can pick up in ferntree gully.

I see by one of your older posts your in melbourne, if your at all concerned you can pick the sunyee lights up yourself in port melbourne I think, or if you buy from brightlight auto parts you can pick up in ferntree gully.
Thanks Dave, that sounds like a plan mate. Only work in Airport West so about 15 mins down the road. I have pencil Narvas ATM which are great but are damaged. So I'm gunna get another set of pencils for the bulbar and a 42 inch led spread bar for up top behind the roof of Bobys king cab. I reckon that should sort it all out for me? And like TonyD22 and others said, I agree. I want instant "on" at night. Does this all make sense what I just wrote ? Cheers Steve :)

Thanks Dave, that sounds like a plan mate. Only work in Airport West so about 15 mins down the road. I have pencil Narvas ATM which are great but are damaged. So I'm gunna get another set of pencils for the bulbar and a 42 inch led spread bar for up top behind the roof of Bobys king cab. I reckon that should sort it all out for me? And like TonyD22 and others said, I agree. I want instant "on" at night. Does this all make sense what I just wrote ? Cheers Steve :)

I have the 150 watt lightbar from brightlights in ferntree gully, I can guarantee you that lightbars are instant brightness,

Well, since that deer cleaned up my Roo Lights I too am in the driving light market. Not sure if I want light bar or HIDs (cant afford the led spots I've seen so far, I'm talking about you white sharks).

Driving in Tassie with plenty of winding roads and wildlife - so bright peripheral vision would be great. But also like a lot of light down the road.

Been looking at these:
http://www.offroadindustries.com.au/products/aurora-10-driving-beam-single-row-led-light-bar-4x4

http://www.offroadindustries.com.au/products/55w-7-hid-driving-lights-pair-red

Any thoughts?

Those lights you've listed look a little pricey, if that's the way you want to go, I'd be looking on eBay for the same thing.

I've had my lightbar on for a few months now and used it in a few different places. Not having had a lightbar before, there's 1 thing I was a bit dissappointed with, it doesn't project light as far forward a I was hoping and 2, it gives me as much spread light as I was hoping I'd get.

I will be getting some spotties of some description as the ones I have currently just don't go far enough.

I'm thinking of a set of those 7" jobs. A word of warning, if you have a winch, just make sure you can get your hand in and engage it before you wire up your lights. I thought I was OK, went ahead made it all pretty, then went to test my winch 2 weeks later, could get my hand in there. had to cut wires, move this n that etc etc etc...

Latest posts

Back