Dual battery question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True True. Even if you cant there is a massive gap behind the tail lights to run cables up. What kind of isolator or dc -dc charger do you plan on using??

The fellow that i got my 120agm said in Land Rovers they mounted that same slimline under the front seats on it's side being a agm it can be placed upside down or any which way failing that there is the chassis mount tray but it will only support a 80ah and will cop all the dust and crap.

The fellow that i got my 120agm said in Land Rovers they mounted that same slimline under the front seats on it's side being a agm it can be placed upside down or any which way failing that there is the chassis mount tray but it will only support a 80ah and will cop all the dust and crap.

Yeah land rover have a huge space under there front seats. D40 have air con vents under there too. I haven't see the chassis mount ones for sale in some time too many getting bashed off maybe.

I think I'll run a redarc or c tek dc - dc charger to suit a smart alternator , something that will allow a solar panel input to be used .

Mate I have got the same car as you and like you said theres no room at all! You could do what I did and make a custom tray underneath the rear tray. I mounted a 130Ah AGM battery under there and I'm real happy with it. Only thing is if it ever shits it self you need to take it to someone with a hoist to replace. No real biggie when you have the space you've saved.... I can post some photos if you want..

Yeah land rover have a huge space under there front seats. D40 have air con vents under there too. I haven't see the chassis mount ones for sale in some time too many getting bashed off maybe.

I seen one of the piranha chassis mount set ups being fitted up the other day when I was out pricing stuff . Looked ok but could get knocked off in rough stuff.

Mate I have got the same car as you and like you said theres no room at all! You could do what I did and make a custom tray underneath the rear tray. I mounted a 130Ah AGM battery under there and I'm real happy with it. Only thing is if it ever shits it self you need to take it to someone with a hoist to replace. No real biggie when you have the space you've saved.... I can post some photos if you want..

I would love to see some photos if you have some . Sounds like a good set up mate. Do you have a long range tank in your beast?

I would love to see some photos if you have some . Sounds like a good set up mate. Do you have a long range tank in your beast?

I will take some for you tomorrow mate, it works perfect! I don't but I made it to suit a long range tank. that's the next project!

Here you go mate 130Ah AGM under my tray, I made 2 bits of plate to hang it through from the tray. Left some length in the cables just incase I need to move it for any reason.

Attachments

• batt 1.jpg
    batt 1.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 192
  • batt 2.jpg
    batt 2.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 186
Here you go mate 130Ah AGM under my tray, I made 2 bits of plate to hang it through from the tray. Left some length in the cables just incase I need to move it for any reason.

That's neat. There is a question see you legally can't body lift a car with air bags. Can you tray lift one?? Or tho the d40 sit so neat more then likely rub some where

That looks great ! Got me thinking now . It is a good spot to stick the battery under the tray . The battery tray looks good, shouldn't be too hard to make something similar for mine. Thanks for the pics mate

Bashaaustralia plates installed today ! Yay .:redcool: After the bad day I had on Saturday , I have ordered steel braided brake lines for the nav. I never want a torn brake line again. Got them for a decent price too from the bloke that made up a new one for me to get me out of the shit on the weekend..

B]4ED4-940B-CF058F74BEEE-1840-000003F9816F797C_zps0fedae76.jpg

4AEA5040-FCBD-4682-B049-7D87AF772ED4-1840-000003F98D435E17_zpsb6b02da6.jpg

Mate, I would highly recommend a tranny plate 2, the normal ironman plate fits bailey a couple of cuts for the extra v6 bracing, and cheap, that tyranny is worth amint. My next plate will be a fuel tank one, I have already run mine over the rough and pulled the last strap half way back, ouchhhh. The hilux didn't get up but ,lol.

I have found the limits of VDC ,LOL, 2 Locked tracks, 3rd one nope., left rear wheel wouldn't pull under VDC. Yes I love Nissans.

Mate, I would highly recommend a tranny plate 2, the normal ironman plate fits bailey a couple of cuts for the extra v6 bracing, and cheap, that tyranny is worth amint. My next plate will be a fuel tank one, I have already run mine over the rough and pulled the last strap half way back, ouchhhh. The hilux didn't get up but ,lol.

Yeah I'm thinking its still too vulnerable . It needs the plate to cover other bits too. I was wondering if you could buy the plates individually ? I need some more to cover the bits down the rear .. Navs do have there limits! VDC is crap I was thinking it sensed loss of traction and put power to the wheels with traction , didn't work for me. Seemed like it spun the wheels faster that were in the bog and buried me deeper .

VDC has two functions to it, in the Manual it states to turn VDC off for mud etc, BUT, your braked limited slip diff will still work, sooo, turn VDC off for crawling etc, I tested this by putting to wheels in loose gravel up 35 degrees plus, ( I maintain military tracks at work) and two wheels on solid, with VDC OFF, It turned the loose wheels a couple of times then applied brake pressure without limiting power( VDC OFF) and pulled me right up. I went on the iron man test track at ' The Springs ' 4x4 park in low range ( VDC turns off low range) but active limo still works, had two wheels completed air ( crawling) several times through cross whoops and it would let aired wheels turn a couple rpm then brake them and I kept going,It does work but yes is limited at extreme and I mean extreme.Have faith my friend, technology does work .
But yes if you do not turn VDC off in mud etc it will think your on a slippery road limiting power etc ,turn it off you will still have active limited slip diff. Hope that helps lol.

Latest posts

Back