duck season

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great work....
what do you reckon about having a red dot on the 300 mag instead of a scope..
i have one allready just havent tried it yet.
i think it should be ok as most shots would around the 100mtr range or less,especially on the pigs..

Should be good on close range, Even my sambar the other day the scope was overkill even on 4x. Thinking about a red dot or ghost ring for the old 30-30

I have a ghost ring on the LA....love it....but its more a close range than a 100mtr thing.

my mate has a 30-30 with peep sights,on long distance they have too much "play" when you look through them...
maybe a red dot would be better...and you dont have to use one eye only to aim...red dot you use both eyes open... much better for a quick shot

Good numbers of ducks? Might be time for a trip up to nsw

not bad,

the first property we went to was pretty quiet, but 2 weeks ago 2 guys shot 700 between em.

we had some decent shooting at our 2nd property about an hour away.
probably took about 100 birds between 9 of us over the long weekend.
although we could have doubled that if we didn't miss so many.

it's getting a bit late in the season now, the rice is pretty well grown and some farmers are pulling their water out of their bays.

a bit earlier in the season would be better, but a trip in the next few weeks would still be worthwhile if you happen to be on the right property.

Last edited:
same thing, type in skinner sights in google. they make a really nice looking black and gold sight to suit my marlin 30-30,

bought a skinner sight a while ago for my 44 mag...havent bloody fitted it yet......they are a choice looking sight tho.

does anyone know the rules/requirements about hunting in state forrests in NSW..
note....state forrests not state Parks....
im looking at going to Booligal state forrest..

thanks

nsw state forrest is a bit of a bastard.

you need the r licence, the g licence is only for private property.

and then you need to book with, i think its nsw parks and wildlife, your time and location for hunting. so you cant just decide to go for a hunt a turn up, you actually have to pre book.
its a joke!

Not going out on opening weekend, a few of us have prior commitments. Were going out the next weekend after opening, Hope the ducks hang around at work for me, one dam has about 150 on it blackies and woodys, the other dams have none to 20 or so, need to speak to a few local farmers as well where we normally go for opening

Latest posts

Back