eBay HID driving lights, any good

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBOD

Reaction score
Anybody had any experience with these driving lights:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PAIR-9-55W-HID-XENON-DRIVING-LIGHTS-SPOTLIGHTS-OFFROAD-Lights-land-rover-/271069506395?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D7024667334703364859%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D2%26sd%3D251248509277%26

If its too good to be true, as they say, it usually is but in this case it seems good but not too good so I am tempted. Wondered if anybody had any thoughts?

I'm not after super melt the forest for 50m bright lights, just a bit of extra illumination in the forests and roads at night and for this price they cost less than the wife spends on a frock so could easily be justified to the chancellor.

For light in the forest you'd choose two spreads rather than a spot and a spread like I have up front. I'm thinking of adding another pair of lights - both spreads - but lower wattage than the 100W I have up top, and aimed about 10-15 degrees to each side, so I can see around the corners.

It'd be a great help, trying to get our rig through twisting forest trails at night!

I can't imagine those lights would be bad for your purposes. 55W HIDs are about as bright as 100W halogens.

looks like they have sold a few ...have spoken to guys who have bought ebay light and say they`re great and for that price can`t go wrong

My mate has those exact lights but 75W spread and a spot and he loves them, have not faulted him yet. I believe his were around the $190-200 mark.

And after reading the post properly and looking at the FAQ you can request a spot and spread at no extra charge or two spots, two spreads etc.

Brett

Last edited:
Looks ok - worst happens you will still have the cases and hid kits a cheep now so a re fit If they last a year wouldn't be to hard on the pocket - i'm looking at the 4" spot beam with 55w not 35w if it can be done- I wrote them so when they write back i'll write you !

Got a pair my self mate as my car is in the shop today getting suspension done but as soon as I get it back I'm going to fit them but the look the goods I won mine picked them up for $100 delivered got 2 euro beams.

Hey guys first time poster here! just wanted to know if any of you guys had fitted these to a ARB bullbar on a d22? was thinking of getting the 9 inch but don't think they would fit. any info would be great!
cheers chris

Well I took the plunge and order a set of lights and was amazed to have them on my door step 3days later. Now I will admit I was somewhat amazed as the size of the lights; I had thought a 9" light would be 9" diameter. In fact the 9" is the reflector size, the actual light is around 11"!!

blogger-image--1457279633.jpg

However, due to the depth of the light including the ballast at the back meant that it couldn't be mounted in the existing holes in the bull bar because it clashed with the chrome ridges in the grille. I therefore had to move them in a bit:

blogger-image--1878340382.jpg

blogger-image--1169120015.jpg

I was also pleasantly surprised to find it was delivered with a full wiring harness so it only took me a couple of hours to have it all installed and ready to go:

blogger-image-1846964176.jpg

And very happy with them. They may not be as swanky as a set of light force and only time will tell if they are robust and long lived but at a quarter of the price I'll take a chance.

Just taken a drive up into the woods to test them out and can confirm they are pretty bright:

NORMAL HEADLIGHTS:
blogger-image--1110414614.jpg

WITH THE EBAY BUNNY BURNERS:
blogger-image--958314826.jpg

Can see that the spot needs adjusting down by a couple of degrees but otherwise pretty happy with that for $119 delivered.

Maybe, but around here its more likely I've just blinded two teenagers making out in the bushes. ;0)

And very happy with them. They may not be as swanky as a set of light force and only time will tell if they are robust and long lived but at a quarter of the price I'll take a chance.

Shouldn't be a consideration, but not being light force there's less chance some prick will steal:saberfighting:

Don't have a link, but I saw the hid driving lights on the neighbours navara last night, for $200 off eBay I was surprised, they put out a good light and not too blue either

Shouldn't be a consideration, but not being light force there's less chance some prick will steal:saberfighting:

Shouldn't be but sadly is a consideration. Part of the reason my dad told me to always reverse into parking spaces, that way the bonnet (as the battery used to get nicked in his day) or spotties stay visible to passing public making it that bit harder for a pykie to hide in the shadows and steal.

Shouldn't be but sadly is a consideration. Part of the reason my dad told me to always reverse into parking spaces, that way the bonnet (as the battery used to get nicked in his day) or spotties stay visible to passing public making it that bit harder for a pykie to hide in the shadows and steal.

For good or bad if I,m parking in town at night I put the b/bar hard up to a wall, no room for filthy maggot hands,

I used to live in the UAE and went diving with a dive club there once. When we got back to harbour the boat tower hoped assure to put the trailer in the water only to find somebody, while we were away, had unhitched to boat from his Dodge......and stolen the tow bar!! Left the trailer and truck. Quite a pain in the ass to get the boat home but SO funny that they didn't think his dodge worth stealing.

the ebay hid's are pretty good.
i got a set a while back and theyre nice n bright.

i probably should have got 1 spot and 1 spread instead of 2 spots, but i have a light bar aswell so it works out pretty well.

Well I took the plunge and order a set of lights and was amazed to have them on my door step 3days later. Now I will admit I was somewhat amazed as the size of the lights; I had thought a 9" light would be 9" diameter. In fact the 9" is the reflector size, the actual light is around 11"!!

blogger-image--1457279633.jpg

However, due to the depth of the light including the ballast at the back meant that it couldn't be mounted in the existing holes in the bull bar because it clashed with the chrome ridges in the grille. I therefore had to move them in a bit:

blogger-image--1878340382.jpg

blogger-image--1169120015.jpg

I was also pleasantly surprised to find it was delivered with a full wiring harness so it only took me a couple of hours to have it all installed and ready to go:

blogger-image-1846964176.jpg

Looks like you have a Nissan factory bar, is that correct? If so I'm guessing my ARB commercial will have the same fitment issues.

Are you able to confirm the dimension from the hole in the bull bar to the chrome grill?

Latest posts

Back