eBay HID driving lights, any good

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ps I gave the lights a work out on Friday night. Turn on from cold at around 50% and take around 10s to get to full brightness. Nice white light (from blue as it warms up).

Only thing that is annoying is the alignment system. It has discrete teeth that control the aim. Seemed to be too high on one tooth then too low ok the next. I had to do some shimming but worked out ok. Just a bit of a pain.

Great lights for $120 delivered!

Long term reliability tbc :)

Oh and I did have an earth issue that ill sort out - some interference coming through the stereo when it had low signal strength. Sounded like a UFO was landing.
Just needs a better earth I reckon.

I love the idea that the new lights are SO powerful it interferes with the radio and attract passing UFOs

mine arrived today, just doing some test fitting to see where i'll put it. i reckon this spot is too low, even though it's a nice discrete spot and would deter access to the bolts somewhat.

20" 120W with both flood and pencil beam $115 delivered.

Attachments

• 1010255_10151699737771399_662794594_n.jpg
    1010255_10151699737771399_662794594_n.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 74
what colour covers did you guys get for your lights about to order a set just wondering if its worth geting coloured covers or just clear??

I got yellow but no idea why, should have gone with clear as they then provide protection. The coloured ones simply absorb some of the light and there make it dimmer

I love the idea that the new lights are SO powerful it interferes with the radio and attract passing UFOs

It's pretty common apparently. Mostly an issue on am. Need a faraday cage on the wire from the ballast to the globe apparently. That sounds difficult!

Faraday's cadge sounds fancy, normally its just a screen, like a fine wire mesh wraped around the cable and grounded at one end only. grounding both ends causes a loop effect and can make the interference worse. the screen stops EMFs from being inducted into other cables.

I followed the wiring loom down the drivers side of the engine back until I got rubber seal around the wire loom at the firewall and simply cut a new whole through the rubber ad poked through.

Latest posts

Back