ebay snorkels vs genuine / tjm / safari

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Size , shape, fitment style, plastic quality, number of mising peices in the box..
No look i don't think there is a HUGE difference. Money can be a big factor but i didnt buy an egay snorkel..
There are lots of people who will swear by them..
I did see 4wd supa centre having snorkels on sale for $99.. wheather they were to fit the Navs?

If you want to save some money get a ebay special. But i wouldnt be putting cheap shit on my 4wd.

Last edited:
I had the after market snorkel on my d22 the first week i had it all the screws rusted lol and the and the plastic didnt look nice at all so i sold it and put a safari snorkel wich i think are the best to buy yes they are abit more $$$ but worth it

ebay one use sh!tty plastic, they get UV damaged and look like crap very quickly, then they can crack.
Buy a proper snorkel and it will last a life time. Also make sure it's installed properly and sealed well.

100% behind all the above comments.
Sometimes a quick saving turns out to cost you more for the fact that you end up buying the better quality gear anyway

If you want a genuine one but want to save some money try nizzbits, think it was garry, he used to be around this forum. I bought a genuine one from him for my old STX, think it was over $100 cheaper then nissan.

Last edited:
Anyone have engine bay pic of snorkel ?
Yep, this is what mine looks like, its an eBay snorkel that came with the s-bend to the airbox...

uploadfromtaptalk1431386292745.jpg

Thx mate ;) yeh mines an eBay one too from rvtek ... I wasn't sure if the pre cut hole on the inside of my nav was for the snorkel but by your pic it certainly is . Where that wiring loom runs on yours I've got a stack of 8mm piping what's that all for ?

Thx mate ;) yeh mines an eBay one too from rvtek ... I wasn't sure if the pre cut hole on the inside of my nav was for the snorkel but by your pic it certainly is . Where that wiring loom runs on yours I've got a stack of 8mm piping what's that all for ?
Not sure about the piping you have there? The only nav engine bay I have seen is mine so not sure if others have other options or accessories installed through that area...
Is yours a zd30 engine or yd25? I have a yd25, so if you've got the zd30 then maybe it's to do with that? Someone else may know? Or maybe chuck a pic up so we can see...

Also, about the original thread, are the eBay snorkels a copy of the safari snorkel? Just wondering as mine is an eBay one and seems pretty good, fits well. But if they are as bad as some people say longevity wise then if they are an exact copy I can get a safari one if this one breaks or something... Would be a straight swap using same holes etc if they are the same...

Yeh mines yd25 too ... must of been dreaming no piping where I was thinking lol ... Thx for the help sorry bout the hijack ;)

I had a snorkel from Ebay vendor http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/vjk67 on my patrol for 4 years - NEVER garaged it was too tall.
NO sign of deterioration of unit. Manual said Fully UV resistant. NO Leaks. Did not go brittle, it was indistinguishable from a genuine Safari in every way save the safari badge and price.
When they are in stock again I highly recommend them.

Latest posts

Back