EGR Blank noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Nick

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Did the EGR blank today and followed Dilmah's pipe removal sticky thread. I swapped the hose over, blanked off both ends and used some exhaust cement to seal the gasket. However, it is now making a noise under throttle that I can only describe as a mix between a turbo whistle and whine.

It seems to be some air escaping at the turbo end bu I will wait for it to cool and unbolt and re-do.

If anyone can think of something else it may prove to be, I am all ears. Thanks in advance.

Nick

Just a thought? How long does the gasket glue recommend to leave it to set? Could still be soft and some air slipping thru?

Look at the turbocharger-exhaust manifold interface. It's notorious for coming loose. Mine did (twice), depending on the revs it sometimes whistled and sometimes sounded like a kazoo.

Thanks guys. Manning, the glue only suggested that it seals at a certain temperature, not after a certain time...
Old Tony, thank you, will do but after a look, it seems that the noise is coming from the blanking plate on the turbo side (i.e. the passenger side). I will re-do and see if that sorts it out. I will be sure to let you know.

Hi guys. Well it mus have been leaking air. I removed the blanking plate, resealed with glue and re-attached. All seems fine. Thanks for the input and assistance.

Back