EGR Fuel Economy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got 763 ks out of 63 litres on a trip towing my camper trailer i think thats great , i dont accelerate hard or fast and i find my nav likes to sit more comfortable at 105 k/hour by the speedo i recon thats the sweet spot for the d22 2.5 cr roughly 2500-2700 rpm i have egr bloked and snorkel apart from that standard everything , i do have a chip but i only plug in on the sand to get a bit more torque

I get mostly 800km from a 75ltr tankful from my zd30, I don't push it hard and fast either, economy for mine really didn't change before egr mod to after egr mod, it's happy from 2000 - 3000 rpm, feels mostly pointless above 3, best economy like yours 100km - 105km per hour. Most of the time I'll shift at 2500rpm, I drive like a grandma goin to church and can't be bothered stressing about those behind me getting impatient, it seems geared differently to all other vehicles on the road sometimes.

So when does the EGR valve open ?........what are the operating parameters ?
when engine is up to temp and roughly put mostly at cruise. its closed at idle (unless idled for more then 5 minutes) and at full throttle.

theres also two other parts to its. intake butterfly partly closes under 3000 rpm to increase egr flow and under 1700 rpm (i think it is) swirl butterfly shuts which further increases egr flow.

i got 763 ks out of 63 litres on a trip towing my camper trailer i think thats great , i dont accelerate hard or fast and i find my nav likes to sit more comfortable at 105 k/hour by the speedo i recon thats the sweet spot for the d22 2.5 cr roughly 2500-2700 rpm i have egr bloked and snorkel apart from that standard everything , i do have a chip but i only plug in on the sand to get a bit more torque

I cant even get that out of mine. without a trailer and completly stock with about 4000 km on the clock. :deadhorse2:

I cant even get that out of mine. without a trailer and completly stock with about 4000 km on the clock. :deadhorse2:

i have checked a number of times always gets good economy maybe mine is a freak or maybe im just a realy good driver i drive trucks for a living and have alyaws driven to try and maximise economy

Pulled 720 this weekend somehow.
Mods, intercooler, 3 inch exhaust. All highway driving. 100kmph at most times

I have recently had Command AP800 Cruise Control system fitted and since have driven 650km on current tank without fuel light showing it's ugly face yet! That is at 100km/h exactly and accelerating very mildly.
Who knows, how many litres are left in the tank when the fuel light comes on? Would be helpful.

Who knows, how many litres are left in the tank when the fuel light comes on? Would be helpful.

I reckon there'd be about 10l left. Easy enough to tell though - run it down till the light comes on then fill her up and count the litres it took.

PS - nice part of the world your from there!

Latest posts

Back