EGR mod on d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is going in for its 10k service Tesday and was going to leave it in.
I doubt they would look or care. Its not doing damage and there not the epa

I wish they took as much care and we all want. Last service i had they overfilled it with oil. It felt like it was driving a bit different so i popped the bonnet and noticed the spilt oil over the engine cover. Checked the level it was way over.

In regards to the blanking plate. Mine has been serviced twice without issue.

Just fitted the blocking plate. Thanks Jjohn for the plate.
I will see what differences i get with the ultragauge.
Took all of 5 mins with all the help and pics on the forum.
Now whats next ?????
Cheers
Chado

I fitted mine and I don't think it made any difference at all. I don't have a chip or anything but ended up taking it back out.

I fitted mine and I don't think it made any difference at all. I don't have a chip or anything but ended up taking it back out.

i'm not fitting mine for any performance or economy gains, though i've heard you can get some, i'm fitting mine for the long term health of my engine, i'd much rather fresh air going into my air at any rpm than some hot damn exhaust gases!
i've seen personally what EGR systems etc can do to a modern diesel in the long term and i'm very very keen to avoid it.

I've had a bit of a run on the plates lately. I'll have to get more made. Emailed the laser cutter yesterday. Only have one left.

EGR on ZD 30

I'm also about to install the blank to the oil-can. I was wondering if anyone else has done it to a 2004 ZD30 yet?

I have stock again now of my s/steel blanking plates for the yd25. PM me for details please.

Passage GT, (Trav) I dont think it would be an issue with servicing, the blokes at PMG wouldnt have a clue what they were looking at I dont reckon and if it doesnt look outta place they will be none the wiser. I did mine and you cant tell at all that anything has changed just by looking at it.

BTW, when does it get a Calmini kit like mine? :)

haha, i was thinking of a calmini but just gone for the ome 2 inch and some bigger rubber, won't be a serious off roader, gonna replace the old Mav with a diesel gq for that kinda stuff
i was wondering the other day when i saw your car in town if you were lurking on here somewhere

It's nice to live in Panama! My Navara doesn't have EGR. It's sealed off from factory.

Ok now I do have some s/steel blanking plates again for the YD25. PM me for details.

Fitted my plate on the weekend. I think it holds speed better on hills and there doesn't seem to be that drop or lull in revs when changing gears, well not as much any way.

But I could be completely wrong, but I think I did notice that motor ran more smoothly, more consistently, it's a bit hard to explain.

Fitted my plate on the weekend. I think it holds speed better on hills and there doesn't seem to be that drop or lull in revs when changing gears, well not as much any way.

But I could be completely wrong, but I think I did notice that motor ran more smoothly, more consistently, it's a bit hard to explain.

Glad to hear that, I was pretty confident it would be ok.

Latest posts

Back