EGT Gauge sender,

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick-palmer1

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Recently got myself a VDO boost and egt gauge, just wondering what everyones opinion is on where to put the sender for the EGT gauge, its about 10cm long so i dunno if its going to fit in the manifold, maybe the dump pipe?
any help would be muchly appreciated
Cheers

Cool It looks like that will be the only place its gonna fit, I guess there wouldnt be a huge temp change between the manifold and the dump pipe

yeah its genuine VDO, I'll have to have a play with it and see then, only got it out of the box this evening, Cheers

Pre turbo is the correct position.....and for that matter, one probe per exh port and 1 inch or so out from flange.

Dump pipe is easiest, tho factor in about 150 deg C drop in temp reading

Got it all fitted up, went with the sender in the dump pipe option, cruising along at 100km/h it reads about 300 degrees does this sound about right? its a single cab and going up a decent hill it will touch 400, how hot is too hot considering where i have the sender positioned?

The general rule used to be 550 deg c post turbo, but that was in the good old days before ecu's and variable turbos, etc. In saying that, I still go off that rule because the d22 runs a standard wastegate type turbo. I have mine in the dump pipe about 2" below the turbo outlet. My Pyro gauge is in Fahrenheit but normal freeway driving it sits on around 600f which is just over 300c. I haven't really seen it go over 800f, but I am happy to have it up to 1000f before I start backing off, which is just over 530c.

That might be a bit long winded, but that's my thoughts anyway...

Yeah EGR is blocked, sound good to me then! hopefully my intercooler pipes will show up soon and i'll be able to see if it makes any difference! does anyone know what the standard boost pressure is on the zd30? mine is showing about 12psi on a good up hill pull

14psi from memory. Sounds high, but dont forget the compression ratio is 17.9 to 1.

TD42's, QD32, TD27 run 22 to 1 compression ratio's. But they require a higher compression ratio too start as they're indirect injected.

Latest posts

Back