Electric Mirrors

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrtim123

Reaction score
Electric Mirror retrofit to manual mirror D22

Hey Guys,

am i correct in thinking that the 04 or newer d22's have electric side mirrors?
the chrome mirrors versus the black mirrors on the 03 or older models.

if this is the case, what is involved in me retrofitting the 04 or newer mirrors into my 03 model?

obviously i would need the actual mirrors themselves, and the controller that sits on the drivers door - but what about loom and fuses and other?

cheers!
Tim

Last edited:
If you are in luck the loom may be there, easiest way to check is just remove the door trim. Fuse, probably not. You may need the whole door trim from a later model str as the switch mounts forward of the power window switches, I'm not sure if there is provision for this in your current door trims...

No reason it couldn't be done. I put 4 power windows in an au falcon I used to have. That had no looms, trims, etc. I just did it all from scratch, made my own looms, etc and they worked fine

The loom is in the doors. On the combination switch the flat black plastic blank pops out and the switch for the windows clicks back into it and plug it in. The door mirrors themselves bolt on to where the black mirrors are. You will need an auto elec to wire the mirrors to power and then all good. Niss 4x4 in Brooklyn have heaps of them. Mention me and the forum and he will look after you. Cheers Scotty

I will bring this one up again !

Anyone buy replacement mirrors of Ebay ? :chainsaw:looks to me like the 04 on mirrors look to be just that bit bigger than My 03 Mirrors , and they are cheap enough from Thailand.:blingbling:

I don't want to buy them and they not fit :pissedoff:

So if anyone gives a toss ! :violin2:100% Yes you can fit late model chrome mirrors onto a 2003 black mirror d22 and No there is no wiring harness . I replaced mine today :blingbling:( should have done it years ago )

Which mirrors?

Sorry for reviving a slightly old thread, just wondering where you got your replacement mirrors from Gonzo? I'm looking up upgrading the woeful black mirrors on my D22 DX.

Did you go genuine or a cheaper verison of ebay??

Are the ST mirrors noticeably larger then the black DX mirrors?

I reckon I should have replaced my mirrors years ago, about time I got round to doing it.

Mate . I got them from 4x4 wrecker at ashmore . Cheaper than they advertise on ebay , perfect condition.

And as you said its a bloody good investment

Mate . I got them from 4x4 wrecker at ashmore . Cheaper than they advertise on ebay , perfect condition. And as you said its a bloody good investment

Gonzo,
Have you got a pic or 2, pretty interested,
Heading down the coast in two weeks. Might grab me a set if it's worthwhile..
Were they hard to wire the motors in??

Any info would be great mate

Cheers
Geoff

"GO THE NAV V6's"

Mate I posted that I didnt wire them as mine is a 2003 couldn't find any wiring harness . Can't think why you would need it , the mirrors are convex , if you manually put them where you can see . No problem !

And I will say , If you have wind visor they need a little cut off for the new mirrors

Last edited:
Chrome mirror conversion done

Didn't use the wiring. Heaps better

$65 each from all crash 4x4 (at Ipswich)

image-2728737151.jpg

Cheers
Geoff

"GO THE V6's''

Latest posts

Back