Electric Trailer winch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of them. I have three. The other two are R8's, that's an R10.
That's the car that's on the trailer most often to and from events usually.

Haha, sure.

Attachments

• IMG_8933.jpg
    IMG_8933.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Renno water.jpg
    Renno water.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Bastille Day 2006 04.jpg
    Bastille Day 2006 04.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Canberra Trip (Red Rocket) 044.jpg
    Canberra Trip (Red Rocket) 044.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 67
So, just an update on this. Before christmas I had finished the wiring on the trailer and gathered the parts needed for the car side. Over the last few days, I've finished off the in-car wiring; isolator, and 175A anderson plug for the rear of the car. Oh, and I did buy a roller at a boat shop and made up a mount to use as a roller for the wire over the centre bar - no pics of that though.

Cables are run in conduit cable tied up out of the way under the car - was a pain feeding the two wires into the 25mm conduit out in the hot sun let me tell you!

To finish off, I just need to go back to where the trailer is in storage (50min away) to verify the length of cable needed to make an "extension cord" using two more Anderson plugs, that fits between the Anderson plugs on the trailer A frame and the rear of the car. This will only be connected when I want to use the winch rather than left on all the time.

I had ten metres of conduit and blue/red wire and I reckon after finishing up the "extension cord" i'd have a bit over a metre left over at most, so the initial estimate of 8 metres needed given by you guys was pretty accurate.

Attachments

• DSCN2441.jpg
    DSCN2441.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCN2442.jpg
    DSCN2442.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
I've made up the "extension cable" so it's all good to go.
I bought two of those red handle things for the plugs on the extension cable, just waiting for those to arrive then I should be all done! The ones on the trailer and car are mounted in those mounting brackets.

Looking forward to testing it out now.

So, FINALLY get to trial the winch today loading up the car ready to go away tomorrow. Nothing like leaving it to the last minute. Fortunately it worked a treat.

It puts the car slightly further back than I normally used to, but that just meant I had to adjust the tiedowns at the front. Shouldn't affect the balance.

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lSa7p-Jg-po[/YT]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back