electronic rust kit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gav50

Reaction score
I have 2012 D40 550, I am wanting to fit electronic rust kit to it, has anyone done this?, how do you get the door panels off and how big of a job is it

I put a ERPS on my last D40 (2006) and it took a few hours to do it. The door trims are a bitch to get off and then get the wires in through the rubber cable ducting.

I believe that the systems work but it is not a be all and end all, you need to still do underbody treatment and wash regularly. My car did 7 winters on salted roads and still looked great underneath. Other cars of this age look like they went for a swim in the surf.

If I put a system on this one I will not do the doors but rather concentrate on the tub, chassis and firewall. a bit of Lanotec 9or similar) in the doors will do the trick.

I have the coupler tek unit seems to be working fine. had it on since 07. easy to fit 2 or 4 pads. I chose 4 pad. took around 2 hrs to fit.

EPRS or Couplertec. Fit a four pad kit, 2 on the fire wall and usually two on the chassis at the rear just before axle, keep in mind fitting is everything so make sure you read the instructions!

They are not a waste of time, research will prevail.

Back