Electronic Rust Protection

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As well as the couplertec I also use knock out rust. It's a combination of tar, fish oil and lanolin. It stick around for a year or two. Last time i hit the beach I also gave it a soaking in lanolin. Not such a good idea... just made a very sticky mess and the sand just stuck to it which is bloody hard to get off!

As well as the couplertec I also use knock out rust. It's a combination of tar, fish oil and lanolin. It stick around for a year or two. Last time i hit the beach I also gave it a soaking in lanolin. Not such a good idea... just made a very sticky mess and the sand just stuck to it which is bloody hard to get off!

Thanks 4 the heads up, if i were to go sand driving i would have covered underneath the car in lanolin.

If you use whale oil the greenies might ram you off the road. lol.

Or park thier stupidly flash boat in front of you!

I have just found some rust stain in the front passenger door pillar on my twelve month old Nav. It appears to be in the seam that hasn't been completely sealed off (like the drivers side) just above the top door hinge. I'll bring it to the attention of the dealer and hopefully get it sorted after my hollidays!

Thanks 4 the heads up, if i were to go sand driving i would have covered underneath the car in lanolin.

No worries, but don't get me wrong lanolin on its own should be alright. Just when you combine it with tar based rust protectants it becomes a problem.

I thought this post ended. Thanks for all the feedback. All i can do is save now. The way it looks i might be erp and some underspray. my old truck *cough* hilux *cough* was dead from beach driving, rusted out fully. So i dont really want to go down that path, even tho it was an 87 model.

Latest posts

Back